Red Bull Air Race Challenge!

Mclags

One way around that is to change the font ever so slightly. I'm actually going full art deco with mine as it was built in 1935 anyway. Fitting as I live in the art deco capital of the world, Napier, New Zealand.

Attachments

• received_1770480496333632.jpeg
    received_1770480496333632.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 0

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
@Mclags - the new font works really well and again, she's a gorgeous build.

Regarding the Red Bull logos etc, I can't see that there would be an issue with Red Bull given that they are associated with the competition. That being said, I can understand how third party printers might be wary of this.

DamoRC

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
HEY EVERYONE!!

I just gotta say, you guys are CRUSHING IT! ;) We love seeing all of these sweet, creative and epic planes!

I also wanted to jump in and remind/urge everyone who has NOT already done so, to prepare an article with video and pics on our Articles page so that we can keep track of your submission ;) .

Keep up the awesome work as well, ill be hoping in from time to time to check in!
If you have any questions, let us know!

Blessings,
Stefan

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
so, i know you guy's have all had "those days."

you know, the ones where all seems good, then every little thing, every detail, can come bite you. makes me feel like a kid cramming for a test. 3 days and counting and this list of stuff to finish keeps piling up. plus, nothing like having to redesign your power pod for the 5th time...me and tinkercad are gonna have some words before too long. because, you know it's all it's fault... :sneaky:

anyways, this last motor pod failure has killed the hopes for a maiden of the final product for tomorrow morning. i had hoped to sleep in sunday but have no choice now. i will have to fly it sunday so we can get video, and finalize the article for a monday evening submission.

so, back to work, and i will leave you with a little teaser... :love:

20180803_143304.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
@mrjdstewart - lookin' fine man!

Totally share your frustrations. We got the plane done and flown early because we were going to be out of town for a bit. All that was left to do was the article and vid, right? Man, there was way more to do with the article and video than we realized and it looks like we will not be able to post until this weekend sometime. DamoRC Jnr warned me that we shouldn't push stuff of into "post" (as these young video editors seem to call it) if we could make it right the first time. Should have listened to his sound advice.

Learnin' a lot on this one.

DamoRC

kilroy07

Legendary member
you guys are CRUSHING IT!
Well... SOME of them are... Me, not so much.

My design was going to be based off of the GeeBee. Seeing no reals plans here I checked out AVTims plans... and well...
IMG_7273[1].JPG

I'm not having much luck with the test model.. I'm using Ross foamboard and I'm not sure it curves as nice as the DT foamboard...
So, I might have to sit this one out and cheer everyone else on from the sidelines!

Good Luck everyone!!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
prob need to convert to a .gif, or turn into video and just space pics every couple secs would be the easiest i can think of.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Oh, I think it would be easier to just not use it because it is too fast anyways, thanks though.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Close, but not it. Here is another picture. I couldn’t add the time lapse that I took, does anybody know how to add a time lapse to a post?

Looks cool - when will you be ready to fly it?

On the time lapse, you could slow it down when making the gif. I have started using this online .gif maker and it has lots of tools to help edit your .gif file including a speed editor. I like it because it has no watermarks and allows you to download the file when you are done, unlike some other gif makers which just give you a link to the gif on their servers.

Well... SOME of them are... Me, not so much.

My design was going to be based off of the GeeBee. Seeing no reals plans here I checked out AVTims plans... and well...
View attachment 111785

I'm not having much luck with the test model.. I'm using Ross foamboard and I'm not sure it curves as nice as the DT foamboard...
So, I might have to sit this one out and cheer everyone else on from the sidelines!

Good Luck everyone!!

I think it looks good - worth finishing!

DamoRC

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
well, been going since 7am and it is about to roll 4pm. o_O

it's 95% finished. just need to add some small details like hatch magnets and skids.

will save all the drama and pics of the last 2 days for the article submission. don't want to spoil the fun, but i can't just leave you completely hanging. how about a little tail... :love: ?

20180804_140037.jpg

love that the horns come out of the horns! :ROFLMAO:

laters,

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
love your background shots as well. maybe i should add a video of my hangar... :unsure: :sneaky: :love: ;) :ROFLMAO:

please post plans for your racer. i can't wait to challenge my students to build it, then we can race each other. we have done propeller driven cars before but not quite like this. (y)

laters,