Red Bull Air Race Challenge!

shhhhh!

Wow ! Please make me a box. You win the best box contest. just put some Red bull graphics on it. What will the shipping cost be in US dollars??
-dave

Mclags

Wow ! Please make me a box. You win the best box contest. just put some Red bull graphics on it. What will the shipping cost be in US dollars??
-dave
Probably cost about $100usd lol, actually way more. I entered sizes wrong. Will find out today

Last edited:

shhhhh!

I think you will be shocked when you find out the cost....I was.
On a happy note..The article for my Vee-Tail Racer has been published!

Mclags

All packed up ready to go. Just sussing out these shipping options now.
20180820_161529.jpg
20180820_161543.jpg

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yup......about $500usd!!

Crazy - gonna cost me close to the same - from California!

Trying to figure out if I can make the wing removable, even temporarily, and have FT glue and screw it in when it gets there. Then, if I make my own box, it will be around $250!

DamoRC

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Crazy - gonna cost me close to the same - from California!

Trying to figure out if I can make the wing removable, even temporarily, and have FT glue and screw it in when it gets there. Then, if I make my own box, it will be around $250!

DamoRC

before i withdrew, i asked stefan that exact question and he said they would happily do some assembly as needed. they just really wanted the planes, if they can get it to fly even better.

good luck,

me :cool:

shhhhh!

I am probably the dumbest person in the room....but wouldn't be easier if we didn't have to ship the planes ? :geek:

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I am probably the dumbest person in the room....but wouldn't be easier if we didn't have to ship the planes ? :geek:

Yep - but I understand that they want to create some content around this and to bring stuff to the air races for display and I reallytn appreciate that the work will be recognized. Its the potentially "flying it' piece that is a bit complicated for me - getting that cantilevered wing in and fixed properly kinda has to happen before the paint and decal job.

Gotta keep buildin'....

DamoRC

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
they also said they were going to cover costs...not sure exactly what that means but doubt they plan on sticking you with the bill. i would however make sure to put a copy of said "bill" into my shipment. that will give them everything they need to claim expenses, cover your butt, and maybe speed up process of reimbursement?

good luck,

MikeRobey

before i withdrew, i asked stefan that exact question and he said they would happily do some assembly as needed. they just really wanted the planes, if they can get it to fly even better.

good luck,

When I got the email from Stefan asking me to ship my plane to them I replied back saying that was going to be difficult to get the plane there in one piece and extremely costly. In his reply he stressed that shipping the plane to them was not a requirement for the competition. If by withdrew you mean you withdrew from the competition then I think you should email Stefan and retract your withdrawal.

Getting the wing off my plane was not easy and I had to modify the fuselage so the wing would go back on and stay on in flight. The cheapest shipping quote I managed to get was $730 Australian Dollars. I think that's about $500 odd US Dollars but, to me, in Australia, its $730. The box I packed it into is huge but I can't think of a way of making it smaller. Even now I am worried about it getting there undamaged.

I think they didn't realise the cost and difficulty that is involved with shipping the planes and its caught them by surprise. They seem like a good bunch of people so lets give them some time to work things out.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i think a lot of this was from the hip, regardless we got some cool planes. have some faith, voice your concerns, and do what u feel is right. can't ask, or expect for more.

laters,