Red Bull Air Race Challenge!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Yes..should arrive at Flite Test headquarters on Sept 11,2018.....

wow, i think i would have waited a day. curse anyone? :LOL:

i also hope that you listened and did not use any of my work on your "new plane", including graphics? ;)

laters,

me :cool:

shhhhh!

You must be blind..just look at my Avatar,lol. Still, any successful flight video of "your work" ? Since you don't know how to correctly read
plans or rulers, none of your graphics would have fit my "new plane" any way ! ,lol...:p

Last edited:

MikeRobey

Thanks, but not positive enough Mike - the Curse lives on!

Basically uncontrollable (ish) on maiden, fought her around one circuit and then needed to get her down, fast (yep one of those). Superficial damage that can be fixed before paint but she is not going to be a flying model. Pinged Stefan to let him know I am pulling the electronics but not the EDFs (cos they look cool) - at best she'll be pretty to look at, while she sits there......still.......as in not flying.

Oh well - when I get over this failure I am definitely coming back to this design, just not anytime soon.

DamoRC
Sorry to hear that. I was looking at your plane again. I am no expert but I am thinking you may be getting a lot of turbulence through the gap between the wings and the fuse. The gap looks really cool but if you closed it off you might solve your problems.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Sorry to hear that. I was looking at your plane again. I am no expert but I am thinking you may be getting a lot of turbulence through the gap between the wings and the fuse. The gap looks really cool but if you closed it off you might solve your problems.

Agreed - the gap is in no way aerodynamically favorable and is only there for the cool factor.

The RBCC (Red Bull Challenge Curse) had one more crack at the Bull Rider late last night when my printer ran out of red ink, which is kinda an important color for the decals... sheesh!

Anyway - back in the saddle, as it were, the re-build is complete and painted and decal-ed - just got to make the box and ship.

Rebuild Complete.JPG

DamoRC

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Mines due to arrive on Thursday.
I'm so nervous about it getting there ok. I keep checking the tracking line that'll help speed it up hahahhaha
I got a bit bored on a rainy weekend and ended up painting the box up a bit lol View attachment 114425

That looks awesome! No way I am putting up pics of my sad efforts at a box even though it took most of the day Saturday to make.

Looks like the Bull Rider will be there Friday. So they might have them all for the weekend!

DamoRC

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Stefan just confirmed that mine arrived with some minor damage to the tail but he said it was not overly concerning. At least it's there and I can stop repeatedly hitting refresh on the UPS tracking website!

DamoRC