redbarton origami one piece plane

redbarton

I put together plans.... Just not sure what I did with them. I had to to build mine.
Did you get it in the air yet? Weather is still bad here and then there is all the other stuff (virus, earthquake, slowly losing my sanity). My daughter is using my laptop for homeschool due to the virus. So, my access to Sketchup will be limited mostly to weekends.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
1586364739626.png
I have not been successful with this plane yet. I have been focusing on other project, and the hexy is just not cooperating either.

@redbarton, this is for you to work with. If you like it we can post it as a resource whenever. It builds just fine.

Attachments

• OrigamiPlaneRedBarton.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 0

redbarton

I have not been successful with this plane yet. I have been focusing on other project, and the hexy is just not cooperating either.

@redbarton, this is for you to work with. If you like it we can post it as a resource whenever. It builds just fine.

Thanks for doing this @FoamyDM. I'd like to verify it flies before we put it up as a resource.

Life has been so out-of-whack for the last few weeks. I haven't been able to spend any time on planes. It's been super windy here too. I hope things settle down soon so I can get this and some other planes in the air.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I figured I would try this puzzle :) It does glide with 1 3/4 oz of ballast on the nose . Now to see if I have anything small enough for it to make it fly.

2020_0411_094005_001.JPG
2020_0411_094017_002.JPG

redbarton

Well I figured I would try this puzzle :) It does glide with 1 3/4 oz of ballast on the nose . Now to see if I have anything small enough for it to make it fly.
Here's a pic of the underside:
IMG_20200416_163642177.jpg

The intent was to fold the strut piece over to create a thicker support. Also note the beveling. This creates the dihedral.

The other little flap is to fill in the gap between the wing and fuselage. My v2 made the flap about 1/8 inch longer.

Glue all liberally!

I'm going to put the servos under the wing in front or in back of the struts, depending on the side.