Redtails Ford Mustang

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
This Mustang was a special edition in conjuction with the release of the movie, Redtails. These are pics from the Ford website.
redtail2 - Copy.jpg redtail3 - Copy.jpg redtail4 - Copy.jpg redtail6 - Copy.jpg

jd7792

Beautiful Car, not to mention a beautiful plane in the back ground, P51B or C not the D, Like it!

Last edited:

jd7792

Well picked, Bit sloppy on the first look, I am just so use to seeing C & D that I got carried away! Still an A is still nice to see in pic's these days.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Tuskegee Airmen flew the P51C. The bubble canopy was on the P51D and later designations.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Just finished watching Red Tails. It's cool seeing the planes, but it's a bit cheesy... And they're flying P51Ds instead of the P51C. And the ME262 was over-the-top aerobatic.

For the real story, check out the History Channel's 'Dogfights' series.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Tuskegee Airmen flew the P51C. The bubble canopy was on the P51D and later designations.
The only difference b/w the P-51B and C is the plant they were built. Those build in Inglewood, CA were B's and those built in Dallas, TX were C's.

MrClean

Oh and beautiful airplane, snazzy car and totally crap movie. Tuskegee airman was a much better movie but much like Pearl Harbor, just wasn't current Hollywood enough.

I really can't wait till they remake Hells Angels. Can you imagine whole squadrons of WWI aircraft. No wait, no they'd animate them like they did in Flyboys and then EVERY Focker Triplane, which would outnumber every other plane in the air, would be painted in the Red Baron's colors.

Maybe, if we're lucky, they're will be an earthquake and Hollywood will vanish leaving other places to make movies. Best movie I've seen recently was a Korean western called 'The Good, The Bad and the Weird'

But none of that detracts from a snazzy looking car and a good looking P-51, even if it is the wrong model. On the wiki site, it shows the Commemorative airforces P-51 which is the one pictured in this thread, it's a C.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
No no, the one in the picture is a C. The ones in the movie are incorrect. It really was a stinker movie... One of the few aviation movies that I really like is Flight of the Intruders. It has much more of a sense of reality to it, even with the late 80s-early 90s, er, flair mixed in. And love the phantom s**tter!