Help! Reflex V2 connect to Spektrum AR620

quorneng

Master member
One second beeps means the ESC is either not seeing any throttle signal or the signal it is seeing is above the required minimum throttle setting. A safety feature that prevent the ESC 'arming' at anything but minimum throttle and that can mean the lowest trim setting as well.

You know the throttle signal is reaching the Reflex so either the Reflex is blocking it (in the wrong channel) or it is modifying the signal in some way that takes it above the minimum the ESC needs to arm.
That's about as far as my logic goes.

LeeBee71

One second beeps means the ESC is either not seeing any throttle signal or the signal it is seeing is above the required minimum throttle setting. A safety feature that prevent the ESC 'arming' at anything but minimum throttle and that can mean the lowest trim setting as well.

You know the throttle signal is reaching the Reflex so either the Reflex is blocking it (in the wrong channel) or it is modifying the signal in some way that takes it above the minimum the ESC needs to arm.
That's about as far as my logic goes.

Your logic far surpasses mine! :LOL:

Bricks

Master member
OK so I went back to square 1 and created a new model in my DX6 Tx, followed your advice, as well as running the control for the Reflex through Channel 6 via a 3-way switch (G) and finally all the flight servos work properly (including the three stability options for the Reflex through switch G) except for Throttle (Grrrr). The motor just keeps beeping at a one second interval as if it's getting no signal. Now I know the motor - ESC function works okay because I can set the model up perfectly when bypassing the Reflex FC altogether. But as soon as the Reflex is connected back in - NO THROTTLE. Any ideas?

Don`t run the throttle thru the reflex no need to just run directly to the receiver. For power run a servo lead from any port on the receiver to the Reflex

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Don`t run the throttle thru the reflex no need to just run directly to the receiver. For power run a servo lead from any port on the receiver to the Reflex
agreed... that way if something does wrong with the flight controller, you'll still have throttle control.

Tench745

Master member
agreed... that way if something does wrong with the flight controller, you'll still have throttle control.
Fair point. It's probably just as easy to keep the throttle channel out of the reflex.

LeeBee71, I just saw your other-other thread about the problem being solved. Glad we could help!
A little bit of advice, generally you'll only want one thread for a given problem, it helps keep the information together for everyone involved in the conversation, and makes it easier for someone searching for information in the future by keeping excess threads to a minimum.

Spanishcop

I'm sure you probably have tried this..... but google search this problem. I know I saw someone post this same issue and they resolved it. I want to say it had something to do with the receiver they were using that was butting heads with the reflex. I wanna think they changed receivers and then throttle worked. I'm also wanting to think they did a reset on the receiver. I'm just not 100% what they did, but it was along those lines. If I come across it again, I will share the link. I just saw it like 2 or 3 days ago.

Enquisiter

Dear Brains Trust,

I am rapidly growing older trying to sort this problem out. I crashed my RocHobby MXS V2 and have rebuilt it and I am at the stage of trying to reconnect the Brushless motor > ESC > Reflex V2 Flight Controller > AR620 Spektrum receiver.

Please note:
that if I leave the Reflex out of the equation altogether I can connect and bind no problem.

However, until I get better at flying this type of plane, I want to include the Gyro and put it on a three position switch so I can use it when necessary.

Here's the thing. I wish I had taken photos of the orientation of all the leads going into the Reflex Unit so that I could be sure I'm doing the right thing. When I connect everything up (as shown in the pic), following the same instructions as I did when I first bought the plane, it just all goes to s*it!

My throttle control on my DX6 ends up controlling the elevators and my left stick ends up controlling the ailerons and the motor does nothing but put out a continuous series of beeps about 1 second apart. I fly Mode 2.

Please note the orientation of all of the connection leads in the pic - yellow wire to the top (that is nearest the side with the writing on it) and th throttle connection with the white lead nearest the side with the writing on it.

I am at the stage of tearing my hair out - and would if I had enough to even do that properly! LOL

I hope someone with a much larger brain than myself can help - thanks in advance!!!!
If you ever get to bottom of this would be nice to know and a backup of the model setup for my DX6 would be very useful.

Martin