Solved Reflex V2 connect to Spektrum AR620

LeeBee71

The SAGA Ends!!

A very special YAY and huge THANKS to all those members who offered advice on this one - I can see why this Forum is so popular with so many people who offer help in a non-judgmental way.

What I learnt most from this exercise is what scientists know as part of their trade - troubleshooting a problem is difficult if there are too many "loose" variables to play with.

Long story short:
  1. I created a new model in my DX6 Tx and left the Flight Mode at the default Mode 2 (which is how I fly anyway)
  2. I then got all of the flight surface servos to work properly and allocated my three position "G switch" to control what mode the Reflex works in. However, my motor still wouldn't start.
  3. I then played with calibrating my ESC but the motor wouldn't respond to that and its continual beeping told me the throttle wasn't getting a signal.
  4. I then changed the "cable" linking the Receiver to the Reflex unit - still no joy.
  5. Finally, I swapped out the Reflex V2 that came with the plane (RocHobby MXS V2) with the Reflex V2 from my FMS Kingfisher - and VOILA - it worked - finally.
Conclusion:

I have come to the conclusion that the input throttle socket on the Reflex V2 unit that came with the MXS was faulty and that an internal connection might have broken during the crash.

My advice to other newbies that might read this is:
  1. Go back over the advice that others on this forum might offer several times until you really understand what you're being told - BUT don't be afraid to ask for clarification!
  2. Try to work methodically, preferably only changing one thing at a time to see if it makes a difference.
  3. Research on the net. There's so much information out there for RC Flyers - bookmark anything that looks vaguely helpful.
  4. Be respectful in your forum posts.
  5. Keep telling yourself that you're NOT stupid and that eventually you will solve the problem!
Thanks again to all those who offered me "patient" advice and who didn't treat me like a useless "newbie".