Release the Kraken!!!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Two MonsterJets.....me thinks would work much better. "Its a bird, its a plane.....no....thats my elevons flapping themselves into oblivion"

Great idea but I was trying to get by with what I had on hand. Now that I have re-purposed the 100A esc that I purchased for the MonsterJet a second one is a possibility when I replace the esc. Order padding you know! ;)

Thurmond

louielinux

*Bump* I've already built the airframe scaling to 186% like Josh said he did and I made the spar 3 sheets thick. Once you get the wing sections together it's just like building a huge versa. I'm just curious as to what they used to power theirs. photo.JPG

DDSFlyer

With the latest episode featuring the Kraken for the 3rd or 4th time...I'm really just going to say it again. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!
I'm really looking for the Kraken plans to build the ultimate FPV or just a test bed for anything like Josh seems to be doing for all of your episodes.

Flynn

Hey! I got the same thing from Lowes. The razor blade holder, not the flamingo, or is that a swan? Anyways, Nice Build! I thought I saw 2 750's on the one they just flew in the latest FPV video. And Josh said, He had 25amp ESC? Also he said, For all the weight he wished he had gone 4s. I think he was running 2 2200mah's. Depends on what you want to do with it. For a maiden, I would use 2 2200mah, two of the same motor/esc combos.

Last edited:

Xerx

The Kraken is using dt750s.
I asked about what was a recommended power setup for it, and josh linked the DT750's.
No clue why he is using 25A esc's though. The DT750 max amp is 18A , and that needs a 11 inch prop.
Using a 10x4.3 you should get 14-15A at full throttle.

Iv build a "mini" 130% kraken myself, free handing the motor positions and using the dt750's.
It was noseheavy so my 3000 mAh battery pack is behind the spar instead of in front of it.

1545681_1495347877357534_1569334859_n.jpg

The strange noises is from running simonk reversable firmware in my esc's. At certain throttle/ruder levels it will reverse one motor. This resulted in some strange behavior though so i'm going to revert do normal simonk.

Unfortunately i botched a launch when i was testing out 8x4.3 props on it and crashed. Just didn't have the power to get out out of the stall.

I now need to replace my motor shafts, and rebuild one of the motor pods.
So iv removed the openlrs rx and boscam vtx from it for now and i intend to move that over to the bixler 2.

Tactical Ex

I have no space to build any more planes but I'll make some space if the Kraken is released. Please ... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
There is only one man who stands in our way, Josh Bixler. I say we email him everyday until he delivers on his two year promise. So someone find his email so we can start our email protest��. But, remember to be nice guys.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
We need to email David and have him take/hide all of Josh's batteries until he get us the Kraken!!

They talked about it some on the Let's Fly episode, so it must be in the works! I'm really hoping I can make it and then carry a versa underneath it :)