Release the Kraken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaskoller

It's been some time since we have seen this awesome machine. Please release the Kraken. Plans, build video, tips, and more flying vids. That wing is completely awesome!

eagle4

Hey mate. I believe it'll be released soon, but first they are wanting to get out their warbirds series. You could pick up a speed build kit of the kraken at their flitetest event? Look it up on kickstarter.

KishMot

Bixler mentioned the Kraken build video and plans would be up this May in one of the episodes... but I may have just dreamt that.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
They did say May in a podcast or episode recently. ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I thought they were releasing it after the three warbirds . . . not that I'd complain either way :)

It's just too bad there's NO WAY it would fit in my Ford Shoebox!

KishMot

I just like watching the build videos...

Watching Bixler build the Kraken will be a nice 45 minute video while I am on my couch relaxing after work.

My condo is too tiny for these planes... So far I haven't been building my planes to last, so my FT hangar is diminishing. After I get great at actual flying, I think I am going to settle on my favourite FT plane and make it out of chloroplast.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
. . . I love hard work . . . I could watch it for hours . . .

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Yeah, there's no way I could transport a kraken easily by my car: Subaru Impreza sedan (WRX) where the seats don't even fold down.

I am lucky that I live within walking distance to parks in the city. I am unlucky in the fact that my condo is such that if I put the kraken down horizontally, I'm going to guess it will take up most of the space in any room. It's definitely going to hang on the wall when not flying.

Tactical Ex

I love the kraken but I'm leaning more towards just developing it myself due to its size, that way I can make it in such a way that I can break it down into 4 or more parts to save space.

SteevyT

I love the kraken but I'm leaning more towards just developing it myself due to its size, that way I can make it in such a way that I can break it down into 4 or more parts to save space.

I'll probably wait until they post the build, then modify to come into pieces. I'm going to do that with my Blunt nose and FT3D when I crash the ones I have right now beyond repair. (Nearly happened with my FT3D already, Blunt Nose hasn't made it to a field in a condition fit to fly yet)

jaskoller

Clipped Wing

I'll probably wait until they post the build, then modify to come into pieces. I'm going to do that with my Blunt nose and FT3D when I crash the ones I have right now beyond repair. (Nearly happened with my FT3D already, Blunt Nose hasn't made it to a field in a condition fit to fly yet)

I'm kinda thinking that if you could create two or more small spars that could clip together between the main body and each wing or align in such a way to give the wing some rigidity then you could possibly use velcro as an attachment lock. Possibly run hook (velcro) all the way around the wing and main body at the attachment point and then use a stretch of loop (velcro) to connect both together. I don't know if this makes any sense the way I explained it but it makes sense to me!!!! :)

jaskoller

It's Here Wednesday!!!!

I'm kinda thinking that if you could create two or more small spars that could clip together between the main body and each wing or align in such a way to give the wing some rigidity then you could possibly use velcro as an attachment lock. Possibly run hook (velcro) all the way around the wing and main body at the attachment point and then use a stretch of loop (velcro) to connect both together. I don't know if this makes any sense the way I explained it but it makes sense to me!!!! :)

The Kraken is coming Wednesday!!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
I wonder if they will have the middle dimensions for a Blunt nosed kraken....

I'm sure you could use it but, they have a pod for under the wing for FPV. There is tons of space in the wing anyhow, not sure why you would need even more?

jaskoller

Motors

Maybe they have a mind control pod, so they can finally take over the WORLD! Moohahaha

Mind control? Sweet.... Does anyone remember what motors Bixler is using on the Kraken? I'm sure it's in the vids somewhere.

Also, do any of you fly both the tractor and the pusher Versa? What is the difference in flight characterfishsticks? I have only built the blunt nose pusher.

And last question, does he use a counter rotating prop on one side? I don't believe he does, but if someone knows??????