Help! Remote test “no signal ”

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Update: now it works fine somehow but when it goes a littel bit up the floor it spins like crazy, is it normal?
The spinning (yaw) is a clear indication that your motors are not spinning correctly. Switch the rotation of all the motors if CW make is CCW if CCW make it CW. Also swap the props

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The spinning (yaw) is a clear indication that your motors are not spinning correctly. Switch the rotation of all the motors if CW make is CCW if CCW make it CW. Also swap the props

Not so sure...

The copter flies and I hear no howl. A backwards spinning prop should howl and a reversed motor should flip.

I am more inclined to think offset board (the front of the board not facing the front of the copter) or a reversed yaw channel. As the copter tries to steady itself it applies a touch of yaw to counter the spin detected by the gyros, but the channel is reversed so the copter is countering a right yaw with MORE right yaw instead of left yaw. What you would see is a copter that spins slowly to start but picks up spin speed while maintaining a level hover.

Check out step 6 in the link and see if yaw is reversed. Be sure the front of the KK2 points toward the front of the copter.

Pop the copter up. Don't slowly ramp up and slowly lift off a copter. Dirty air under the props will cause the copter to oscillate. I don't lift off from concrete any more. I put a dinner plate out in the middle of soft, cushy grass and launch from the plate. This way when I pop it up, if it's jacked, I can chop throttle and ditch it in the grass without breaking a boom or a bell. :)