Help! Remote test “no signal ”

Ammarss33

Hi,
Im trying to build a 4 motors dron with kk2.1.5 flight cotroller and goolrc gc6 remote controller.
I attached all the wires. The first time the remote gave me signal with number and i tried to put all the numbers to 0 but the esc motors didnt rotate and always give me beebs. I tried to reset the remote controller to factory settings and after i did that it give me no signal in Remote setting .
Please help me what to do? How can i setup the remote controller Goolrc gc6?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Continually beeping ESC usually indicates they are not receiving a signal. You could try hooking one ESC directly to the Rx. If this works then you would know you have correct bound the Rx and turn your attention to the KK

When you say "gave me signal with number", I'm not sure what you meant. Is the number on the KK board or the Tx?

Last edited:

Ammarss33

Continually beeping ESC usually indicates they are not receiving a signal. You could try hooking one ESC directly to the Rx. If this works then you would know you have correct bound the Rx and turn your attention to the KK

When you say "gave me signal with number", I'm not sure what you meant. Is the number on the KK board or the Tx?
Thank you for your response, but please could you explain to me how i hook one ESC only and what do u mean by Rx?

FDS

Elite member
RX is short for Receiver.
You can plug one esc into the Throttle port on your receiver, if it’s got power going in from somewhere.
Looking at how you are set up you might have some wires wrong. It’s hard to tell, but you might find this video shows what goes where. The receiver is very similar to yours, it’s just got a different wrapper, the FC looked very similar as well. I have not used anything like you have in a quad, so this might not be the answer but it looked like a good place to start.

Last edited:

Ammarss33

RX is short for Receiver.
You can plug one esc into the Throttle port on your receiver, if it’s got power going in from somewhere.
Looking at how you are set up you might have some wires wrong. It’s hard to tell, but you might find this video shows what goes where. The receiver is very similar to yours, it’s just got a different wrapper, the FC looked very similar as well. I have not used anything like you have in a quad, so this might not be the answer but it looked like a good place to start.
This is what i did i coneect one ESC to FC and from throttle to Rx and it only gives me beeb and not rotating. I connect it to 11.1 v

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The continual beeping indicates the ESC is not receiving a signal. I'm trying to diagnose if the problem is with the Rx (receiver) or if the problem is with the KK board.

Completely unplug the Rx from the KK board. Unplug the ESC's from the KK and plug them into Rx (channels 1-4) to see if the beeping stops. If the beeping stops, then we know the Rx is working.

It's hard to tell from the picture. I only see 1 signal wire coming form the Rx. I see several other wires going into the input side of the KK. I only see 3 ESC's on the output side of the KK

Be sure to remove all of the props until you are sure everything is connected correctly.

Reactions: FDS

Ammarss33

The continual beeping indicates the ESC is not receiving a signal. I'm trying to diagnose if the problem is with the Rx (receiver) or if the problem is with the KK board.

Completely unplug the Rx from the KK board. Unplug the ESC's from the KK and plug them into Rx (channels 1-4) to see if the beeping stops. If the beeping stops, then we know the Rx is working.

It's hard to tell from the picture. I only see 1 signal wire coming form the Rx. I see several other wires going into the input side of the KK. I only see 3 ESC's on the output side of the KK

Be sure to remove all of the props until you are sure everything is connected correctly.
I already test one ESC and connect it directly to Rx and the beebs stoped

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I already test one ESC and connect it directly to Rx and the beebs stoped
If the beeping stops,it’s a good sign. Can you control the motor with the Tx? With the ESC in one of channel 1-4 move al the sticks to see if one will control the motor

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
You will need to "bind" any receivers you use to the transmitter.

There should be, hopefully, some instructions on how to use the "bind cable" that came with the receiver.

Binding is the process by which you tell your receiver to listen to you and not to me. :)

You can bind several receivers to your transmitter but only one transmitter should talk to any receiver at one time.

Edit: this may not be exact but should help:

Ammarss33

You will need to "bind" any receivers you use to the transmitter.

There should be, hopefully, some instructions on how to use the "bind cable" that should come with the receiver.

Binding is the process by which you tell your receiver to listen to you and not to me. :)
This is the receiver and transmitter and there is no bind cable i checked the equipments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Gotcha.

Next up is power to the receiver.

It's been a few years but as I recall, the KK2 powers the receiver through the 5v rail on the throttle receiver port.

The KK2 gets its power from a BEC on one of the ESCs through the 5v rail on the motor ports.

So, to power the receiver, you have to power the KK2 with 5v.

I assume your ESCs have BECs to send 5v to the KK2.

If so, connect your receiver throttle channel to the KK2 throttle channel (mind the polarity) and an ESC to your KK2.

THIS NEXT STEP WILL POWER YOUR BOARD SO BE SURE YOUR PROPS ARE OFF! :)

Lastly, connect power to your ESC.

11.1V should go through your ESC's BEC, into the KK2 and power your receiver. I am hoping a little light turns on when you do this... :)

Reactions: FDS