Help! Remote test “no signal ”

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
One last thing... if this is the first time connecting power, I recommend building and using a smokestopper:

That's all the time I can spare tonight. Good luck and welcome to Flite Test! :)

Ammarss33

Gotcha.

Next up is power to the receiver.

It's been a few years but as I recall, the KK2 powers the receiver through the 5v rail on the throttle receiver port.

The KK2 gets its power from a BEC on one of the ESCs through the 5v rail on the motor ports.

So, to power the receiver, you have to power the KK2 with 5v.

I assume your ESCs have BECs to send 5v to the KK2.

If so, connect your receiver throttle channel to the KK2 throttle channel (mind the polarity) and an ESC to your KK2.

THIS NEXT STEP WILL POWER YOUR BOARD SO BE SURE YOUR PROPS ARE OFF! :)

Lastly, connect power to your ESC.

11.1V should go through your ESC's BEC, into the KK2 and power your receiver. I am hoping a little light turns on when you do this... :)
I will do it now and gove you the resulte

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Your KK2 will work fine. I built my first 5 or 6 copters and learned to fly and flip with them. When you want more features look at a more advanced board.

More features = more learning curve. Today, I'd use the one you have.

Any luck with that receiver?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Having never programmed any boards for quads my thought is are you on the right channel on the receiver

Ammarss33

Your KK2 will work fine. I built my first 5 or 6 copters and learned to fly and flip with them. When you want more features look at a more advanced board.

More features = more learning curve. Today, I'd use the one you have.

Any luck with that receiver?
This is what happen with me now. The KK receives the signal from the Rx and Tx but with no ESC rotation. Any idea??

Attachments

• 90C4DD67-C829-4757-AE17-FE3937C50BED.jpeg
    90C4DD67-C829-4757-AE17-FE3937C50BED.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • BDA2186B-015D-4BB2-8FF7-269F9ADBCDB9.jpeg
    BDA2186B-015D-4BB2-8FF7-269F9ADBCDB9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • E2956A8E-9AC3-40BD-94FA-FCD1C60E5308.jpeg
    E2956A8E-9AC3-40BD-94FA-FCD1C60E5308.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Ammarss33

Last update:
When i press the first and last buttons on KK and move the throttle the ESCs running ok but when i want to just move the throttle without pressing the buttons they are not working!!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
So the motors respond to throttle input, they go faster as you increase the throttle stick? If so this eliminates a lot. If I remember with the stock firmware you had to arm the board before you could control the motors.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I dont know what you mean by arm switch setup!
I will do the factory reset now.
It is for safety, the motors will not run until you “arm” the board. That is flip the switch to turn the motors on.
Are you using the firmware that came on the board? Or did someone flash the board with new firmware

Ammarss33

It is for safety, the motors will not run until you “arm” the board. That is flip the switch to turn the motors on.
Are you using the firmware that came on the board? Or did someone flash the board with new firmware
I use the firmware came with the bored

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
See page 23 - First Flight
Arm the KK2.1.X by moving the throttle to minimum and yaw to the right for a few seconds.

Ammarss33

See page 23 - First Flight
Arm the KK2.1.X by moving the throttle to minimum and yaw to the right for a few seconds.
Yes... it works now thanks to all of you. But, one of the ESC i feel it moves slower than the others os it cuz of battery not fully charged?