Removing Flybar from Coaxial Heli ???

orange_rc_pilot

If he can, then so can I!
I recently crashed my coaxial heli, and it survived pretty well except for a couple of things. One of the rotor blades snapped (I will order a new one), and the flybar has been bent. How necessary is it to use the flybar? I know that flybarless exists, but is it possible to just remove it from one which has it?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Scottie

In a word,no.
You're right that you do get flybarless but you need a flybarless rotor head and flybarless system to make it all work.
As a rule,if its fitted as standard then generally it is needed ;-)
What make of heli you got ?

orange_rc_pilot

In a word,no.
You're right that you do get flybarless but you need a flybarless rotor head and flybarless system to make it all work.
As a rule,if its fitted as standard then generally it is needed ;-)
What make of heli you got ?

Thanks for your help! I've got a Hubsan Coaxial 2.4GHz/5.8GHz FPV heli (not quite sure of the official name).

Scottie

Thanks for your help! I've got a Hubsan Coaxial 2.4GHz/5.8GHz FPV heli (not quite sure of the official name).

I'm not sure exactly which model you have but after a quick search on Google I'd have to say you definitely cannot remove the flybar from your heli.
It looks like a blade cx2 which was my 1st heli,great fun but only a 4 channel beginners model.
I think you will find it will fly OK if you straighten the flybar by hand,it might wobble a bit but it should still fly at least till you get a new 1.
Don't be oo quick to try flybarless its a nightmare to setup and expensive !
I went onto an Hk450 after my blade cx2,still use flybar rotor head on that.
Here's 2 of mine :)
20130305_220131.jpg

orange_rc_pilot

I'm not sure exactly which model you have but after a quick search on Google I'd have to say you definitely cannot remove the flybar from your heli.
It looks like a blade cx2 which was my 1st heli,great fun but only a 4 channel beginners model.
I think you will find it will fly OK if you straighten the flybar by hand,it might wobble a bit but it should still fly at least till you get a new 1.
Don't be oo quick to try flybarless its a nightmare to setup and expensive !
I went onto an Hk450 after my blade cx2,still use flybar rotor head on that.
Here's 2 of mine :)
View attachment 57755

I just looked mine up. It's called the Hubsan Lynx Coaxial. I'll probably just straighten it and see how it handles. Thanks so much for your help!!! ;););)