Removing spam posts

Draftman1

Is there anyway that an admin can remove all of the spam adds? I know it’s difficult to stop them but the amount on the board currently is getting out of hand.
thank you admins for all that you do!

bisco

Elite member
in other chat rooms, when a post is reported as spam, the post is removed if confirmed by a mod. not sure what the protocol is here

Tench745

Master member
in other chat rooms, when a post is reported as spam, the post is removed if confirmed by a mod. not sure what the protocol is here

Protocol is the same. We're down on mods lately for some reason. Probably busy with real life.

MrClean

By the way, bots are spamming all over the place. Less now but coming up to christmas there wasn't any Youtube channel provider that didn't have someone spamming every contributor with "You've won comment of the day, contact me at" messages. Seen those on all the social media sites. It's nice they do something about it. Gonna need to be adults here and make the bad guys efforts less profitable. In junk mail, your advertisement is considered succesful if you've extended the readers window of involvement from 7 seconds to 14. If they didn't see it and say, junk mail, immeadiatly, there was a chance that they would act on the add. I never knew they had a combination back scratcher and universal remote control, I think I'll buy one. SPAM bots work the same way. What the heck, she can lick her eyebrows AND play classical piano? I gotta see this. An adult sees that and hits ignore. Well, I wouldn't but then I LOVE classical piano.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Mod/Admin posted today, and is currently addressing the issues.
Just remember to REPORT the spam/offender, and the mods will get to it.

bisco

Elite member
on another chat, you need to be approved before your first post. eliminates most spam.

how do they go about finding mods? seems easy enough to ask people if they're interested.

Inq

Elite member
on another chat, you need to be approved before your first post. eliminates most spam.

how do they go about finding mods? seems easy enough to ask people if they're interested.

Agreed... on another forum I haunt, joining is manual and you must give details about why your joining. Takes a little longer to get approved, but there are very few spams that sneak through and they get ousted off the forum near immediately... not just the post.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I got a notification this morning, but when I came to the thread, it wasn’t there
Yes, he had been deleted.

BTW @Mr NCT & I have been moderators for about a year now.
I would welcome any feedback on the progress we have made in reducing the spam.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the forums better?

Last edited:

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Yes, he had been deleted.

BTW @Mr NCT & I have been moderators for about a year now.
I would welcome any feedback on the progress we have made in reducing the spam.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the forums better?
Thanks for your service. This Flite Test Forum is the sum total of my engagement with social media.