Remzibi

Hey Gang

I have recently purchased a Remzibi OSD from ebay. I have managed to wire it up but I would like to configure it. It came with a USB to Serial board but I have no idea how to connect it up. The PCB is white and is marked zrtech on one side and USB to TTL on the other. It also included four jumper cables; blue, red, white & yellow. I have watched the following video;

This looks almost identical to what I purchased but I cant quite see the connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jason

Hi Bicycle Monkey

I have seen that website. Unfortunately, the Remzibi I purchased from ebay looks different to the one shown. More importantly, the USB Serial section is different to what I have :(. I will try and post some pictures today.

Kind Regards

Jason

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Here is the Connections for this OSD:
800x533xRemzibi_OSD_8.jpg

Hey Paul

Awesome! I will have a play over the next couple of days.I would love to catch up with you in Melbourne some time. I'm only 130 km up the road.

Cheers

Jason

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I would love to catch up with you in Melbourne some time. I'm only 130 km up the road.

Would love to catch up :)

Wow! I guess 130km is pretty close in Internet Terms :) We were in Benalla a couple of days ago for the Gliding Nationals, so we may have been less that 130km away :) What are you putting the OSD in?

Hey Gang

Just a quick update. Well the AXN Floater flies like a dream. The Remzibi works fine. The video is another matter. Very patchy. The picture is good one moment then fuzzy the next. I am using the Hobby King 5.8 GHz 200mw system with stock antennas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jason

Hey Paul

So you experienced some signal drop out using your original HK 5.8 GHz system however after changing antennas you noticed a marked difference?

Kind Regards

Jason

bmsweb

Site Moderator
The difference was night and day. This isn't the longest test we did but it shows the quality . . only time I get noise is when I get multipathing when directly over head.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Hey DM or bmsweb, do either of you mind showing me how you connected your remzibi? I was looking at the happykilmore site and it shows that they suggest making a Y-cable out of servo extensions...It's kind of confusing to me, I also want to be able to power everything with my main battery so I can use a single battery to power everything.

Here's what they show on the Remzibi site, is this how you guys did it?

CustomCameraCable.gif

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Not sure if you've seen this video, but it kinda shows you how mine was wired. I have an idea on how to simplify this for video. I may do a quick video sometime this week which should illustrate the wiring.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Did you use the servo extension cables for your connections? The wires that came with the Remzibi only have connectors at one end. So I use the male end of the servo extension for the Y-cable to connect the OSD, camera, and VTx and the female end of the servo extension to connect to the cables exiting the OSD, cam, and VTx?

Hi Bicycle Monkey

I didn't bother using servo extensions to connect the Remzibi. As it stands there are wires going everywhere. I prefer to keep things as minimal as possible. At the very least it will keep weight down. I have attached some photos of my Clouds Fly to demonstrate.

I have not cut down the cable lengths at this point as I am still playing with the configuration. The entire system sits on a FPV pod I have made from aluminium sheet. All parts are attached using either rubber bands, velcro or zip ties.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

DM

photo1.JPG photo2.JPG photo3.JPG

Last edited:
Hi bicyclemonkey

See attached diagram;

crvtx.PNG

I have simply soldered the joins and used heat shrink as this keeps it clean.

Hope this helps

DM

PS colorex: Yes it is 5.8GHz

Last edited: