Rendering 1080p 60fps looks pixelated? I am so confused ! please help

Essexrc

Hi sky folk,

I have just started uploading my content to YouTube and have been struggling to get that crisp end result footage that i see a lot of people are managing to get.

I'm using a GOPRO Session 5 and as the title say, Sony Vegas Pro 13 to edit it all on.

Can someone advise me where i may be going wrong? I have watched so many videos on rendering, but none of which are dealing with a model doing over 50mph lol.

Please see below for what i mean about pixelling (seems to get worse as the video goes on?)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you and happy flying.

My Vegas settings below:

Vegas render settings 1.JPG Vegas render settings 2.JPG Vegas render settings 3.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Youtube has been very inconsistent lately for me. I've had some videos that the first 10 seconds look great and then it gets very muddy beyond that. Others, have been great all the way through. It can be frustrating when using the same settings produces drastically different results. I have even uploaded the same video twice and got drastically different results....

Cheers!
LitterBug

Essexrc

It is a little disheartening, especially as it takes so long to actually render. I would be interested to know what settings other people are using, even with different editing suits?.

If anyone would like to or can share theirs, please do

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Your settings are fine except variable bit rate. Turn this off and use constant. The more movement your video has the more it suffers from variable bit rate.

Essexrc

Thank you nerdnic. For all the video tutorials i have watched on rendering in Vegas, very few have explained what all the options actually mean and just say 'turn this on, turn this off, set this too xxx'

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Also make sure that You tube is not "stabilizing" your videos. I got a warning once that youtube detected motion and asked if I wanted it to correct it. I was like cool .. until I saw what they do to correct it. they merely downgraded the resolution and frame rates. 1080p 60fps was changed to 480p 30 fps. Never again did I let them correct anything.