Repairing motor wires

basslord1124

Master member
First time I have had to do this.

So I've been stripping the electronics off my crashed SuperBee (it was lost out in the woods at our RC field for quite a few months). Checking through the motors and they work fine from when I tested them. But NOW, upon closer inspection I am noticing that the rubber coating outer material from the motor wires was shredded in some spots (no doubt from brush, thorns, etc) and the wire was exposed. So here I am, putting on some heat shrink tubing in any exposed areas that I see. The brush and thorns were really trying to eat my plane! :eek: And I bet my servo wires suffered the same fate.

Gazoo

First time I have had to do this.

So I've been stripping the electronics off my crashed SuperBee (it was lost out in the woods at our RC field for quite a few months). Checking through the motors and they work fine from when I tested them. But NOW, upon closer inspection I am noticing that the rubber coating outer material from the motor wires was shredded in some spots (no doubt from brush, thorns, etc) and the wire was exposed. So here I am, putting on some heat shrink tubing in any exposed areas that I see. The brush and thorns were really trying to eat my plane! :eek: And I bet my servo wires suffered the same fate.
I was able to rewind a motor with wire I bought off of eBay. Mine was a blue wonder but it might work for you too. Sounds like your motor is working but may not be for long. If you ever want to give it a try, I found some resources on RC groups on rewinding. Let me know if you want to try. Totally not an expert but I might be able to help.

In hindsight though, it's not really worth it unless it's just for a personal challenge to say you can do it.