Replacement motor mount for motor that no one carries.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Hey I have this opportunity to trade for a 2+ meter motor glider but the original owner broke the motor mount, (the x member) and now the second owner is not handy enough to make a replacement.

My question is, would 1/8" thick Delrin hold up or do I need to fabricate one from aluminum? It is about a .60 size motor, 6s.

thanx

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey I have this opportunity to trade for a 2+ meter motor glider but the original owner broke the motor mount, (the x member) and now the second owner is not handy enough to make a replacement.

My question is, would 1/8" thick Delrin hold up or do I need to fabricate one from aluminum? It is about a .60 size motor, 6s.

thanx
I don’t see why delrin wouldn’t work. It then again I’ve never used delrin. Considering that a lot of us use the little wooden firewalls and even bottle caps, delrin should work fine.

Bricks

Master member
Delrin will work but I do not think 1/8 inch on a 60 size motor will handle it it woud be better to have 1/4 inch or maybe epoxy 2 together, that is a lot of power for a 60 size on 6 S. If you epoxy 2 together make sure and really rough up the surfaces for good adhesion. It does not have to be in an X configuration either.