replacement screw for linkage stopper

GlassL

I am using the linkage stopper the came with my power pack and I lost one of the screws that lock the linkage. Does anyone know the size of that screw so I don't have to order a new pack on linkage stoppers?

M

MCNC

If you are in the USA and have a local hardware like ACE or True Value, they will have a display with thread sizes to test with, then just pick the closest length that you like for about 30 cent each. Local hardware stores are the next best thing to hobby shops.....

Bricks

Master member
All I know is they are god awful small, if ACE does not have anything you could try Fastenal many towns have retail outlets.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I am using the linkage stopper the came with my power pack and I lost one of the screws that lock the linkage. Does anyone know the size of that screw so I don't have to order a new pack on linkage stoppers?
If they've got little screws, you could try one of the extras from your servos. Alternatively you can source linkage stoppers online for ridiculously cheap. You'll want a pack of them, anyway. :)

GlassL

If they've got little screws, you could try one of the extras from your servos. Alternatively you can source linkage stoppers online for ridiculously cheap. You'll want a pack of them, anyway. :)
The little screws that come with the servo are threaded like a wood screw and won't work.

GlassL

Yeah a pack of new stoppers are cheap it waiting for them to shop I was trying to avoid. I didn't know if those screws were a common size used in the hobby like the old 4-40 screws that went in all your engine mounts and wheel collars.

Bricks

Master member
Some of the metal gear 9-5 gram servo screws will work as they are a machine screw I had to do that once but cannot for the luv of me remember what servo the screw came from.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
If you have an a pack motor, their screws work perfectly for most linkage stoppers.