Reporting for Duty...

birch147

Hey Crafty Dan, Wilbur and Fred...thanks for reaching out! Really stoked to be going to Flite Fest this year.

Let me know how I can help...and I am happy to share any info on some of my AMAZING skills. ;)

Thanks again!

Joe

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Birch! Welcome aboard!

Duty doesn't start for a few months, but getting your name down helps immensely :)

If you're interested in volunteering more exclusively with the build area, hit this thread:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?16864-FTFF15-Build-Zone-Organizer-Team

If you're interested in helping out elsewhere, but lending a hand in the build area too, sign up with another team and then hit this thread:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?16863-FTFF15-Build-Zone-Builder-Team

We'll need both parts for the build team -- those who help keep things running smoothly and those who lend a hand spending time with folks building one-on-one -- and we're happy to have you :)

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I see what you did there Dan. Very crafty.

Birch, don't be afraid to check out registration either. All the really cool Flite Festers are volunteering in registration. Just sayin.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor

Birch, don't be afraid to check out registration either. All the really cool Flite Festers are volunteering in registration. Just sayin.

...those aren't the registration droids you're looking for, move along.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor

I *DID* suggest he check out the other teams . . . then come back when he's ruled them out ;)

Seriously, I've been trying to encourage people to help out with the other teams. I've got something that looks more like "fun" work on paper (it is fun, but the other positions aren't that bad either, they just don't sound like it). I'm going out of my way to let them know they can help out other teams AND have the option to come back and do some of the fun stuff on a second light-duty shift.

I'm hurting for regular shift people like everyone else but I'm *STILL* nudging new-comers toward "somewhere else + come back to build". It'll all work out, but IMO this silly joking rivalry is hurting more than it's helping.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Ok. I apologize. In the true spirit of Flite Fest I will be available to help anywhere any time. I have committed to my share of registration shifts, whatever that shakes out to be. The rest of the time I hope to be spending helping others enjoy the atmosphere.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
im even going to help in other areas like last year

I hope so! Don't want to miss out on the fun in the build tent ;)

In reality, that's why I've separated my volunteers into the "only" and "sometimes, but works elsewhere" . . . with the second category being more a goof-off-but-lend-a-hand because I expect they've already pulled a shift elsewhere.

Last edited:

abieex

Mentor
Its a bit of a struggle getting enough volunteers to even write a schedule at this point. Its great to have folks willing to help here and there but its difficult to write a schedule without people committing to a certain area . I don't know how your putting a schedule together like that Dan? Monkey guy says the volunteers will pick up as we get closer. Hope he's right!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
This far out it should still be a bit of a struggle. It's too soon and we've got plenty of time.

At this point, many people have only committed to the event, and that's just in case the registration gets capped. I'd expect Fred/Austin to hit the more open social media again in about a month or so -- by that point people will be thinking about what they want to bring and what they want to do. As the attendees start preparing we'll get a better response . . . but in the meantime, we coax the early adopters in gladly.

As for my schedules . . . I'm taking names and running scenarios of how many for how long to see what kinda blocks I can get away with . . . but nothing more ATM. Too many unknowns, so there's no reason to loose any sleep over numbers not adding up.

abieex

Mentor
Certainly not losing any Zsssss! Im shooting for two or three hour shifts and hoping no one has to work more than one or two. Steve Svada is my second, got very lucky there.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You guys could edit the first post to list the volunteers of every group (if they are ok with that) and perhaps have a guess at how many people you need for each.