Reptile Quad low speed wobbles

TKelly

So I am having flight problems with my Diatone Reptile (tbs clone without power distribution)
EDIT: Gonna re phrase my problem in hopes someone has ideas on how to help. So after attempting to NAZE32 tuning I have noticed it is a roll problem(mostly). The craft seems to wobble a ton under hard rolls and is unstable in yaw. It also has these characteristics if it is breezy or windy. And overall I don't have a ton of confidence in its flying characteristics. Its difficult to explain whats going wrong so I will just upload a video.
I guess its probably one of two things, or a mixture of both. My motors being unbalanced and at low speeds the frequency from them is affecting the flight more than at higher rpms. Or my pids just suck.

My vehicle is:
Diatone Reptile with extended aluminum arms(I had the issue before I went with extended arms)
Naze32 running the latest stable clean flight firmware
Sunnysky v2216 800kv w/11" gemfan apc props
RTF quads fire red 20amp escs w/simonk (HK F20a)
Running 4s and 3s batteries
FrSky Taranis and D4r-ii

looptime: 2100ms

Last edited:

TKelly

Added a video and worded my problem so hopefully someone has an idea how to help. I know the video is low res right now but I just uploaded it so hopefully the 1080p will help once its updated. And hopefully y'all can see the problem.

Samick

ya know it might help if you just put the camera on quad. i can barely see the quad, much less what its doing.

TKelly

So I have been messing around with my P settings and haven't been able to get them to what seems right. I have tried turning them up but can never seem to get those high frequency oscillations that are depicted in the videos or the write-ups. I was under the impression that the higher your p settings were the more quickly the quad would move and to a point where it would start oscillating a lot. But I seem to have had the opposite effect of the quad becoming more docile the more I turn up the settings. With my P values at 10 my quad will roll extremely slowly. And at 3 the quad will roll(or pitch I am tuning them to the same value right now) extremely fast. I have tried to change my looptime around but it seems the vehicle likes the stock 3500 best.

TKelly

ya know it might help if you just put the camera on quad. i can barely see the quad, much less what its doing.

I'm in the process of uploading my on board video right now, I realized after I posted it that the quad it pretty hard to see :eek: