Request For New(female) Member.

Hot Female addition to FT, yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Hy guys I am starting this thread to act more like a poll than anything else and also so you can explain your views on this: FLITETEST should have a "Hot Chic" as a co-host.
In one of my previous threads, the topic got...well... "off topic" and ended up at the fact that people would like to see a female member on the team. Many agreed that its a good idea so I want each and everyone of you reading this to input your ideas.
Just think about it... She could be like a mascot...

(Edit)
I apologize for the way I have seemed to come off but you guys are focusing way to much on the "hot" part of what I said and not the Female part of it. I see it as the fact that a female could be beneficial with her insight. Yes, a good visage wouldn't hurt but that was mostly joke.
I expect your opinions to be based on what I have just edited now and not only on the Hot aspect of the topic. please rate the poll like this:
Female, yay or nay for her insight and comprehension of things... her conjecture.

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
it would depend on what they are discussing. If they were looking for another noob pilot sure or how the better half puts up with their significant other's hobby sure. Other wise its just another person to confuse us and get confused

Liemavick

Mentor
A intelligent attractive female who is truely interested in RC stuff would be a nice addition to the show. A hot chick to hand Bix his glue gun, not so much. David W's other half comes to mind, but Im saying this on limited knowledge of a lipo video he shot on his website. She was behind the camera and kept David on track. I'm assuming it was his other half, could have been his sister for all i know :)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
More people on staff = more payout of scarce funds for the show I would imagine.
Other than that why are you here for RC Topics or to LUST over a female.
There are PLENTY of THOSE sites available. Keep FliteTest on topic.

Thurmond

aiidanwings

I think, if flitetest chose to add a new host, it should be one truly interested in the hobby and committed to learning/teaching. I say that selecting persons based on image should be left to pimps.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Let me preface this by saying I really appreciate the female form. I live in Florida, along the coast, and get to see a wide variety of attractive women in a vast assortment of swimming attire. It's been that way for years, I'm not bored with it, and I don't think I will be any time soon.

I certainly don't look away when watching a movie and an attractive woman is presented on the screen, often in ever more revealing attire to the point of, well this is a family oriented show.

That all being said...

[Rant]

One of the things that makes Flite Test different is they stay focused to their mission statement. I think they do a great job of looking at potential additions and evaluate "does it add to the sharing of our love of flight?"

As someone else mentioned, and I'm paraphrasing if the new (female) member was able to add something to the show other than being a piece of window dressing then yes, otherwise no.

Other flying video companies use attractive women as a way to draw in, or keep guy's attention. It's just me, but that seems like admitting your content is lacking, and you don't want to invest the time to be more creative with what material you're coming up with.

I think it speaks volumes about the effort that Chad and the rest of the team put into bringing us shows for the last couple years that are interesting and have a new viewpoint, just about every episode. I like that in a time that every bit of entertainment media is trying to attract viewers through sex appeal, that there's a show that takes a different approach.

Each week I look forward to Josh S and his quick wit.

I feel the honesty that Josh B presents when he refers to folks as "friend" or "brother" and you can tell just by looking at him that he's being sincere, and it's not just something he says.

I wait in anticipation of every episode I get a little giddy at the thought that this week that crazy Swede is going to do something that will leave me in awe and amazement as I think "he shouldn't be trying this" and
"holy mother of toaster strudels, what did he just do, and how did he pull it off?"

Chad is a benevolent Director, and obviously lets the guys have quite a bit of freedom when producing these episodes. It's an impressive mix of inputting his creative vision, yet allowing just enough of the personal expression of the crew that each episode feels almost as if you were just hanging out with them at the field, and not watching a produced, edited, and presented finished product.

Now add to all of that they're doing features where they've been sharing the hobby with people in the community. That's awesome! Every other piece of television type broadcasting is leaning towards glorifying the worst in people, they've taken a now novel approach and are sharing something positive. [/Rant]

Ok, I'm done. ;)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
The only example of a tv show where ditching a bloke and adding a female host worked is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's 'Good Game', which is a show about video games. The reason this worked (after the initial fallout of a badly handled hire and fire process) is because 'Hex' (the female host) is a very intelligent, knowledgable, quick witted and likeable gamer (not to mention quite easy on the eye...).

I voted for the last option, because honestly I'd switch off a female host was brought in at the expense of, well, any of the elements that make Flitetest what it is. But being a family man, and this being a family show, I'd love to see a bit more of the hosts' families getting involved.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
e honestly I'd switch off a female host was brought in at the expense of, well, any of the elements that make Flitetest what it is. But being a family man, and this being a family show, I'd love to see a bit more of the hosts' families getting involved.

Now that being said... a wives episode could be hilarious!

Do interviews of them, and what they think of their husbands playing with toy airplanes.

Get them on the simulator, then buddy box, then solo, and see how they do.

Let them pick out the plane that they'll fly, help them pick out the electronics, and explain why they're choosing what they are, and why. Then let them build it.

Ok, maybe they won't go for all of that, but it would make for some entertaining episodes.

eagle4

lobstermash, Hex is just an awesome chick, i've met her a couple of times. That's why she's so good.

SkySlayer the question you should ask you self is why do you want a female host on the show? is there something that you feel the show is lacking? are you not enjoying them because its only guys?

Liemavick

Mentor
I think it can be said the RC planes in general is a male dominated hobby. Having a female on the show may draw in other ladies to the fun, just saying. Id love to teach my wife to fly, right after I learn :)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
My wife had a go for a while, but hasn't picked up a tx since her last crash (straight through some trees). She did pretty well, but RC is a little too 'intense' for her. Props to her for trying though...

RoyBro

Mentor
I think it would be more fun for repeat visits from various family members. Wives, kids, Moms and Dads, etc.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The crew might not be interested in putting their family out there for all to see. I wouldn't blame them considering the comments people make.

SkySlayer

More people on staff = more payout of scarce funds for the show I would imagine.
Other than that why are you here for RC Topics or to LUST over a female.
There are PLENTY of THOSE sites available. Keep FliteTest on topic.

Thurmond
Ok i see what you mean but the "Hot" was more of a joke than anything else it really wouldn't matter but who wudnt mind som1 easy on the eyes?

SkySlayer

Let me preface this by saying I really appreciate the female form. I live in Florida, along the coast, and get to see a wide variety of attractive women in a vast assortment of swimming attire. It's been that way for years, I'm not bored with it, and I don't think I will be any time soon.

I certainly don't look away when watching a movie and an attractive woman is presented on the screen, often in ever more revealing attire to the point of, well this is a family oriented show.

That all being said...

[Rant]

One of the things that makes Flite Test different is they stay focused to their mission statement. I think they do a great job of looking at potential additions and evaluate "does it add to the sharing of our love of flight?"

As someone else mentioned, and I'm paraphrasing if the new (female) member was able to add something to the show other than being a piece of window dressing then yes, otherwise no.

Other flying video companies use attractive women as a way to draw in, or keep guy's attention. It's just me, but that seems like admitting your content is lacking, and you don't want to invest the time to be more creative with what material you're coming up with.

I think it speaks volumes about the effort that Chad and the rest of the team put into bringing us shows for the last couple years that are interesting and have a new viewpoint, just about every episode. I like that in a time that every bit of entertainment media is trying to attract viewers through sex appeal, that there's a show that takes a different approach.

Each week I look forward to Josh S and his quick wit.

I feel the honesty that Josh B presents when he refers to folks as "friend" or "brother" and you can tell just by looking at him that he's being sincere, and it's not just something he says.

I wait in anticipation of every episode I get a little giddy at the thought that this week that crazy Swede is going to do something that will leave me in awe and amazement as I think "he shouldn't be trying this" and
"holy mother of toaster strudels, what did he just do, and how did he pull it off?"

Chad is a benevolent Director, and obviously lets the guys have quite a bit of freedom when producing these episodes. It's an impressive mix of inputting his creative vision, yet allowing just enough of the personal expression of the crew that each episode feels almost as if you were just hanging out with them at the field, and not watching a produced, edited, and presented finished product.

Now add to all of that they're doing features where they've been sharing the hobby with people in the community. That's awesome! Every other piece of television type broadcasting is leaning towards glorifying the worst in people, they've taken a now novel approach and are sharing something positive. [/Rant]

Ok, I'm done. ;)

Great and might words Flying monkey however you guys seem to be focusing a bit to much on the word "Hot", i agree that would be nice to look at however, my main focus of this thread and poll is for the female aspect of the show or what there should be in it. A female could add great insight to things the male presenters can not.
I completely agree with you about other shows using a woman's visage for the views and popularity, I also agree with the way flite test is keeping to topic and staying true, again however, a female co host could be beneficial to the RC Community.

SkySlayer

lobstermash, Hex is just an awesome chick, i've met her a couple of times. That's why she's so good.

SkySlayer the question you should ask you self is why do you want a female host on the show? is there something that you feel the show is lacking? are you not enjoying them because its only guys?
Eagle, I have asked myself that question and i do not feel the show is lacking per say but it could use the different comprehension that a female can offer.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Ok i see what you mean but the "Hot" was more of a joke than anything else it really wouldn't matter but who wudnt mind som1 easy on the eyes?

SkySlayer I guess the hormones of youth are quite a bit stronger (If I remember my youth correctly they are stronger than common sense, logic and certain commandments) than when you are in your middle 50's. Yes I was raised to look at the female form with great desire and that was a down falling of my dad to teach me that women were objects. Once started down that path return is very difficult. Your priorities change as well as you age. You begin to not be able to even imagine yourself with any woman but your wife and according to a wise man (and much much more) who walked this earth for around 30 years about 2000 years ago and gave his life for me: I should have "eyes" for her ONLY! He also said that to look at a woman with carnal desire is the same as committing the act and DON'T do it. I don't know about you but I have never done anything that did not end and I do not desire that the first thing I do without end is being punished forever. You probably (but not necessarily) have many years before you meet HIM but I have many less years before I go to meet the deeds that I have done.

I very surely want to be right with him that day.

Thurmond

Status
Not open for further replies.