Request For New(female) Member.

Hot Female addition to FT, yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

baronbernie

SkySlayer I guess the hormones of youth are quite a bit stronger (If I remember my youth correctly they are stronger than common sense, logic and certain commandments) than when you are in your middle 50's. Yes I was raised to look at the female form with great desire and that was a down falling of my dad to teach me that women were objects. Once started down that path return is very difficult. Your priorities change as well as you age. You begin to not be able to even imagine yourself with any woman but your wife and according to a wise man (and much much more) who walked this earth for around 30 years about 2000 years ago and gave his life for me: I should have "eyes" for her ONLY! He also said that to look at a woman with carnal desire is the same as committing the act and DON'T do it. I don't know about you but I have never done anything that did not end and I do not desire that the first thing I do without end is being punished forever. You probably (but not necessarily) have many years before you meet HIM but I have many less years before I go to meet the deeds that I have done.

I very surely want to be right with him that day.

Thurmond

You are truley a wise man Thurmond, and I share your thoughts and way!

MrGravey

I have to be honest here, I haven't read this entire thread and I haven't done that becasue this topic tends to be a little upsetting to me. Flitetest is about RC models. To add anyone to this show purely to have them on screen would be a terrible mistake. The formula right now works because the people that are there want to be there. You can tell they are in love with the hobby just by watching any episode out to date. If you add anyone to this show that has no desire to be there, or has only the desire to be successful regardless of the show, you would be changing that dynamic completely. The team works, add to it if you find someone that works with the team. If you do not find someone that fits don't add anyone.

The idea that this thread is asking fans to vote to add a woman to the show is kind of crappy as a whole as well. Why do we need a woman on the show? If there is a woman that fits the team great, but that is not what we are being asked to vote on. Adding "eye candy" to the show just to have someone to look at does nothing for me. If I want to find a "hot chick" to look at there are a ton of those on the internet. I want Flitetest to grab as many people with a passion for RC models and teaching other about them as possible, anything else would be a good way to throw away resources better spent on flying.

Just my opinion.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I vote Josh and Josh wear skirts for the next video. That would solve everything.

Well that ought to "Kilt" this topic once and for all for sure :p. Oh, don't forget David as well.

Thanks Baron, nice to know your not alone.

Thurmond

MrGravey

I vote Josh and Josh wear skirts for the next video. That would solve everything.

That idea has merit! Kilts would do, but I have to say that a real skirt would be funnier, maybe even a dress. Bixler would look interesting in a sun dress, I'm feeling a full gown for Scott. I can't imagine what would suit David best but I'm sure we can come up with something. May be they can do an episode on pylon racing and make a ton of "drag" racing jokes.

Tritium

That idea has merit! Kilts would do, but I have to say that a real skirt would be funnier, maybe even a dress. Bixler would look interesting in a sun dress, I'm feeling a full gown for Scott. I can't imagine what would suit David best but I'm sure we can come up with something. May be they can do an episode on pylon racing and make a ton of "drag" racing jokes.

Alright I am officially completely repulsed by the mental images you have now created. But if you insist on this approach then their wives need to dress them and make them up and Josh Scott HAS to SHAVE his face CLEAN. :p

Thurmond

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

Well that ought to "Kilt" this topic once and for all for sure :p. Oh, don't forget David as well.

Thanks Baron, nice to know your not alone.

Thurmond

Alright I am officially completely repulsed by the mental images you have now created. But if you insist on this approach then their wives need to dress them and make them up and Josh Scott HAS to SHAVE his face CLEAN. :p

Thurmond

Funny this would come up...

I just posted a video the other day, that ALMOST included me wearing a kilt. My wife suggested it, and I declined for that video, but agreed to do it for an upcoming one...

So, there will be a kilt video on a Flite Test website in the not too distant future.

baronbernie

What is happening here? There are young teens reading these replys and what kind of message are we sending them? flite test is suppost to be about goals in aviaton not acting like children. Does any one remember what flite test is all about? Lets grow up and act like adults. To remind everyone what flite test is all about, reread this;
Flite Test was created for people passionate about flight. Our hope is to create a show for the people that build and fly planes and helicopters as a hobby. They are the dreamers and engineers that get a thrill from the first launch of a maiden flight. The show will personify the veteran and the beginner alike giving them a chance to share common experiences with others, in turn, enhancing the RC community. The goal is to develop a creative outlet that allows us to work in our passion daily. Flite Test is designed to empower our audience. It has just enough humor, technology and information to appeal to the RC flight crowd as a whole. We hope to entertain, educate and elevate our viewers as we move forward with quality content.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
What is happening here? There are young teens reading these replys and what kind of message are we sending them? flite test is suppost to be about goals in aviaton not acting like children. Does any one remember what flite test is all about? Lets grow up and act like adults.

Of course, there is the fact that we're grown men, that play with toy airplanes.

There's an element of good clean fun that can be shared. While I can't speak for the Flite Test team, part of the appeal of the community that's developed is the ability to joke and be friendly as if you were hanging out with these guys at the field.

As Chad mentioned in his interview on the Crash Cast, they are sensitive to their influence on the younger viewers. Hence the removal of slap bets from the show. With that in mind I haven't seen anything posted here that a young teen would read and would influence them in a harmful way.

I do have super secret mod powers, and would use them with extreme prejudice if I thought it was warranted.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I had tried to stay out of this, but Flying Monkey and BaronBernie have an excellent point.
I am a midteen Christian kid, not going to hide that. I watch Flitetest because it teaches people how to be good pilots and builders, not because I am interested in seeing yet another "TV" show with a Female member on it for the most empty headed reasons.

I stopped watching TV when I thought to myself, "There's nothing on but Junk, and History channel has no history at all, and the Military channel has nothing but movies. Flitetest has excellent content, and a brilliant cross between experience and newness.

If Flitetest were to bring in a female member who was actually there because of her love of flight, Or the wives for an episode, great, but for any other reason I would stop watching Flitetest.

I Have nothing against a new member regardless of their sex provided they are here for the right reasons. Gentlemen, these are the wrong reasons.

I rest my case, Rant over.

Tritium

Of course, there is the fact that we're grown men, that play with toy airplanes.

FM the older I get the more I am convinced that there are FEW GROWN men:confused: but rather MANY kids, answering only to themselves, in aging bodies, with money, adult rights and privileges. That should be extremely noticeable in Florida or any other retirement state. ;)

Thurmond

Liemavick

Mentor
Thurmond, I resemble that remark! ;) I just hit the 50th year of my exsistance and grew up less then well off. Paycheck to paycheck, week by week survival. I finally reached a time in my life where my kids are raised (for the most part) and I find I can now afford the toys I only dreamed of as a kid. Did I mention I live in S. Florida? lol

Brian

Tritium

Thurmond, I resemble that remark! ;) I just hit the 50th year of my exsistance and grew up less then well off. Paycheck to paycheck, week by week survival. I finally reached a time in my life where my kids are raised (for the most part) and I find I can now afford the toys I only dreamed of as a kid. Did I mention I live in S. Florida? lol

Brian

54 here Brian, from a poor dry land farmers family,

I speak from first person experience sir but in my case I was never blessed with children so I have tried to be both Husband and child to my wife :p with some measure of success at least on the child side as evidenced by her constant reminder to me I should "grow up" (32nd anniversary just passed recently) and quit acquiring toys. ;)

Thurmond

aiidanwings

FM the older I get the more I am convinced that there are FEW GROWN men:confused: but rather MANY kids, answering only to themselves, in aging bodies, with money, adult rights and privileges. That should be extremely noticeable in Florida or any other retirement state. ;)

Thurmond

It seems that a few socially alienated individuals mistake their lack of personal control over anger as being "grown up" and disuse their time disapproving of those who have different ideals. I've grown weary of people with bad attitudes and refuse to waste time with them.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

Brian

Brian, if I ever make it down that far again, we'll have to meet up and get some flying in.

Liemavick

Mentor
FM, Funny you should say that. When I first joined the forum I noticed you were in Florida and I Google Earthed your location. Your about as far away from me as you can get and still be in the state lol I'm guessing about a 7 hour drive. I do know Id rather come up and fly with you, down here its limited as to where you can fly without driving a hour. I do have one park not far from the house which is cool for park flying, but forget about weekends. Its crowded with gassers, some of which actually have guys who can fly them. I'd much rather fly in open spaces with not having to worry about the other 15 planes in the air that should be someplace larger then this park lol Wide open spaces are pretty much gone in S. Florida.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
SkySlayer I guess the hormones of youth are quite a bit stronger (If I remember my youth correctly they are stronger than common sense, logic and certain commandments) than when you are in your middle 50's. Yes I was raised to look at the female form with great desire and that was a down falling of my dad to teach me that women were objects. Once started down that path return is very difficult. Your priorities change as well as you age. You begin to not be able to even imagine yourself with any woman but your wife and according to a wise man (and much much more) who walked this earth for around 30 years about 2000 years ago and gave his life for me: I should have "eyes" for her ONLY! He also said that to look at a woman with carnal desire is the same as committing the act and DON'T do it. I don't know about you but I have never done anything that did not end and I do not desire that the first thing I do without end is being punished forever. You probably (but not necessarily) have many years before you meet HIM but I have many less years before I go to meet the deeds that I have done.

I very surely want to be right with him that day.

Thurmond

Fellow Christian!!
Hy Tritium, I agree completely with you about the difference in hormone strength now days. And I too feel it is because of lack of correct education when it comes to the way one is supposed to perceive the opposite gender (especially for males). I have actually just come back from a youth retreat concerning this, among other topics, especially the way temptation is ruling our generation.
I would love to be with Him right now if my purpose was complete however it is not :(. And I still have yet to succeed with females(not in a bad way).

Shaun.

Status
Not open for further replies.