Request For New(female) Member.

Hot Female addition to FT, yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
I have to be honest here, I haven't read this entire thread and I haven't done that becasue this topic tends to be a little upsetting to me. Flitetest is about RC models. To add anyone to this show purely to have them on screen would be a terrible mistake. The formula right now works because the people that are there want to be there. You can tell they are in love with the hobby just by watching any episode out to date. If you add anyone to this show that has no desire to be there, or has only the desire to be successful regardless of the show, you would be changing that dynamic completely. The team works, add to it if you find someone that works with the team. If you do not find someone that fits don't add anyone.

The idea that this thread is asking fans to vote to add a woman to the show is kind of crappy as a whole as well. Why do we need a woman on the show? If there is a woman that fits the team great, but that is not what we are being asked to vote on. Adding "eye candy" to the show just to have someone to look at does nothing for me. If I want to find a "hot chick" to look at there are a ton of those on the internet. I want Flitetest to grab as many people with a passion for RC models and teaching other about them as possible, anything else would be a good way to throw away resources better spent on flying.

Just my opinion.

What is happening here? There are young teens reading these replys and what kind of message are we sending them? flite test is suppost to be about goals in aviaton not acting like children. Does any one remember what flite test is all about? Lets grow up and act like adults. To remind everyone what flite test is all about, reread this;
Flite Test was created for people passionate about flight. Our hope is to create a show for the people that build and fly planes and helicopters as a hobby. They are the dreamers and engineers that get a thrill from the first launch of a maiden flight. The show will personify the veteran and the beginner alike giving them a chance to share common experiences with others, in turn, enhancing the RC community. The goal is to develop a creative outlet that allows us to work in our passion daily. Flite Test is designed to empower our audience. It has just enough humor, technology and information to appeal to the RC flight crowd as a whole. We hope to entertain, educate and elevate our viewers as we move forward with quality content.

I had tried to stay out of this, but Flying Monkey and BaronBernie have an excellent point.
I am a midteen Christian kid, not going to hide that. I watch Flitetest because it teaches people how to be good pilots and builders, not because I am interested in seeing yet another "TV" show with a Female member on it for the most empty headed reasons.

I stopped watching TV when I thought to myself, "There's nothing on but Junk, and History channel has no history at all, and the Military channel has nothing but movies. Flitetest has excellent content, and a brilliant cross between experience and newness.

If Flitetest were to bring in a female member who was actually there because of her love of flight, Or the wives for an episode, great, but for any other reason I would stop watching Flitetest.

I Have nothing against a new member regardless of their sex provided they are here for the right reasons. Gentlemen, these are the wrong reasons.

I rest my case, Rant over.

Guys please read everything I have said. You guys seem to missing what I said about the Hot being a joke and that it is the intellectual side of the female we want.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Guys please read everything I have said. You guys seem to missing what I said about the Hot being a joke and that it is the intellectual side of the female we want.

Just for future reference, since we can't see your face, or hear your tone in posts. If something is meant as a joke, then add something to indicate that. Put the hot in quotation marks, or parenthesis. Add a smily face of some kind, etc.

Otherwise, if you title it, with hot as the first word, and no clarification that it was meant as anything other than face value, expect the readers to take you literally. To further compound it, even in your edited version, you suggest the woman could be a "mascot". This does not help the case you're trying to present.

Liemavick

Mentor
Isn't 5 pages of opinions enough? Im sure the topic has been heard by the Flite test crew. It seems counter productive to see it continue, were all friends here with differing opinions. I'd hate to see it turn to the dark side.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Ok, with 358 views, 45 replies, and 22 votes the totals are as follows.

View attachment 9857

I think the conversations having moved from serious discussion, to humor (or the attempts at...) indicate that this thread has run it's course. Unless there's a surge of people wanting to express new and unique views, we'll call this one closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.