Request - Update Beginner Series - Multirotor

BeeMSmith

The beginner series was a great resource for me when I started in the hobby a few months ago. The series primarily/only discusses fixed wing aircraft. As many are starting the hobby with multirotors, I think it would be great to update the series to help beginners, such as myself, feel more confident building their first quad.

Possible Discussions Points

• Props: rotation direction, sizes and pitch, number of blades
  • Power distribution boards
  • Flight computers: Software, PIDs, PPM
  • Radio Equipment: Rx and Tx requirements, expo, arming switches
  • Tools: prop nut wrenches, soldering iron wattage, wire strippers

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The beginner series was a great resource for me when I started in the hobby a few months ago. The series primarily/only discusses fixed wing aircraft. As many are starting the hobby with multirotors, I think it would be great to update the series to help beginners, such as myself, feel more confident building their first quad.

Possible Discussions Points
  • Props: rotation direction, sizes and pitch, number of blades

• Power distribution boards

• Flight computers: Software, PIDs, PPM

• Radio Equipment: Rx and Tx requirements, expo, arming switches

• Tools: prop nut wrenches, soldering iron wattage, wire strippers

Hey guys,
We are in the process of updating a lot of different things and you will see that there will be a similar concept to what you are asking for with the Multi-rotor beginner stuff. Also, with the new builds coming out with TJ and the different frames..you should be able to get a lot of knowledge and insight from there as well!

Thanks for being a part of this awesome forum community and good luck in all your flying endeavors!
Blessings,
Stefan

Waggs 1956

Hey guys,
We are in the process of updating a lot of different things and you will see that there will be a similar concept to what you are asking for with the Multi-rotor beginner stuff. Also, with the new builds coming out with TJ and the different frames..you should be able to get a lot of knowledge and insight from there as well!

Thanks for being a part of this awesome forum community and good luck in all your flying endeavors!
Blessings,
Stefan

😇 Thanks Stefan these things will really help me to master my Quad. Thanks again!

BeeMSmith

Thanks

I really appreciate the reply. Another point that would be fun to learn about is the flight characteristics of different frames.

BeeMSmith

Very good BeeMSmith. Another great topic. Where in OK. I am from OKC. Area!

I am in Stillwater. Not too many fliers I have seen up here. I joined the Stillwater club but it is mainly old gentlemen who just want to chat and not fly or build too much. How are things down there? Know of any quadcopter racing I could check out?

Waggs 1956

Don't know of anything

I am in Stillwater. Not too many fliers I have seen up here. I joined the Stillwater club but it is mainly old gentlemen who just want to chat and not fly or build too much. How are things down there? Know of any quadcopter racing I could check out?

Been working in Kansas for awhile. Retiring soon. Coming home for good ( OK. ). Maybe we can get together and fly. I am in the process of recovering a wing on my dads Das Ulgy Stick 104 inches long. And maybe you could help me with multi rotors.( waggs1956@hotmail.com ). Give me a hollar. You are only an hour and a half from here. Know of anyplace to fly up there. How big an area.