respect to the prop/rotor.......

Big-daddy204

Bigdaddy204
This is a story of how to learn the basics of helicopter flighing; my son-in-law purchased a RC Helicopter and wasn't firmiliar with flying ANY type of RC platform. I have been flying for a few years and decided to throw in my wisdom and get him started flying his new toy. I explained all about Bind-and-Fly verses Ready-to-Fly and I figured we had a good grasp on the idea but what I didn't tell him was the order of shutting the aircraft down. As I reached for the helicopter, the rotor disk is about 2 feet in diameter, to unplug the battery he decided to shut the transmitter off. Luckily I was reaching in from the side of the helo, I saw the blade blur by the left side of my face and felt a warm sensation on my right forarm, you guessed it the blade caught my right forarm. After my initial reaction, :eek: my wife took me to the ER where I proceded to recieve 8 stitches. Lesson learned: take the transmitter away from the student and shut down power in the correct steps. We still fly together but I stay behind him when he starts or returns from his flight.