Responding to product issues...

David S

I pre-ordered the Beaver and recently received it. During set up I noticed the elevator servo didn’t sound good. After a few cycles of movement it locked up and will not move. Buyer beware the servos seem very poor quality and you may have to change them out for higher quality ones. My main issue is that I contacted Flite Test with my order number and issue but no one has bothered to contact me back. They do not seem to stand behind their products. My first Flite Test product and probably my last since they do not respond to customers.

David S

Started at main website, I was sent to store/defective products where I requested contact with issue. I looked again at their site and see a phone number I could call that might help but I decided to remove and replace all servos with higher quality ones as I do not want another failure in the air. I just wish they would sell a version without the electronics for a cheaper price since I way over paid considering I have to swap out at the very least the servos.

A300 Pilot

Maybe you should give them more than an hour to respond. I doubt they have someone sitting by a computer waiting for an email to come in. My FT Beaver has some cosmetic issues but I haven't even reached out yet. Hope you have good luck with your new servos.

David S

“Maybe you should give them more than an hour to respond” funny, not sure where you get the idea it’s only been an hour and not days, my first post above is not when I reported an issue, I reported the issue days ago through their website link. They have a link to report issues, they should actually check it daily. Save yourself the headache and next time just buy a Horizon Hobbies UMX for a micro plane. Almost the same price and comes with quality electronics including the receiver, good quality and customer service. It’s not a big deal, first time buying Flite Test product, thought I would try it and now I know.

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@David S not to bust your chops because I love the UMX planes, but I've had to replace 2 servos in my Timber. I don't know if you've tried HH's customer service, but its not been awesome in my experience.

The best part about the beaver I see so far is that its built in such a manner that it can be repaired, unlike my UMX Timber. I can't say for sure yet if I like the servos as I'm still getting my receiver wired in but, like i said, I like the fact that at least I can replace them without surgery. It does keep with the DIY theme fliteTest has always had...

Also keep in mind this a new venture for these guys and its not a massive box store corporation we're talking about...

David S

@David S not to bust your chops because I love the UMX planes, but I've had to replace 2 servos in my Timber. I don't know if you've tried HH's customer service, but its not been awesome in my experience.

The best part about the beaver I see so far is that its built in such a manner that it can be repaired, unlike my UMX Timber. I can't say for sure yet if I like the servos as I'm still getting my receiver wired in but, like i said, I like the fact that at least I can replace them without surgery. It does keep with the DIY theme fliteTest has always had...

Also keep in mind this a new venture for these guys and its not a massive box store corporation we're talking about...

Good point about being able to make easier repairs to the FT Beaver. I have 2 UMX planes and didn’t think about repairs because nothing has ever failed nor have I crashed them but it can happen. I have been flying RC planes for 30 years (started young) and have bought from most retailers at one time or another, I have had good service from Tower/HH through the years. It’s all good, I don’t care anymore and have moved on to other projects. I would delete this thread if I knew how/was able too.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hello David.

I'm not seeing a customer service ticket in the queue associated with the email you used to create this account. Did you send it in under a different email address?

Fred

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

I'm sure Josh wants any issues to be reported! Since this is early on with a new product, he needs to know if there's a quality control issue so it can be resolved without making customers repair the products right out of the box.