Reverb With KISS V2 and 32Amp ESCs

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
My First Freestyler
reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080-6.jpg

Thanks to PsyBorg, LitterBug and anyone else who helped me decide on hardware to use.

ImpulseRC Reverb
KISS V2
KISS ESCs 32Amp/32bit
Mr Steele PDB
Lumenier Motors RX2206 2350Kv
Lumenier/RunCam Eagle 2 Pro
Tramp HV VTX
FrSky R-XSR reciever
1300 Mah 4S battery

reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080-2.jpg

Front

reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080.jpg

reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080-3.jpg

I made this rear VTX antenna mount from aluminum sheet metal and zip ties.

reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080-4.jpg

Side

reverb_kiss-v2-32esc-1080-5.jpg

ESCs PDB and FC

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice build mate. You should instantly know your in another league when you put that bad boy in the air.

Should be a totally different experience for sue. As Caroline says get us video. Lookin forward to seeing huge leaps in your pilot skillz.

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Nice build mate. You should instantly know your in another league when you put that bad boy in the air.

Should be a totally different experience for sue. As Caroline says get us video. Lookin forward to seeing huge leaps in your pilot skillz.

WOW! You ain't kidding, was not expecting this!

I haven't had a chance to get to a field yet (or fly fpv), but I was doing partial punchouts pretty much straight up, next to my house. It was very smooth and responsive and was adding a little more power each time until the last punch I lost level orientation and had to drop it (in grass yay). I hadn't set up leveling mode at that point but have now because I'm going to need a security blanket for a while. I've been flying my tricopter fpv recently and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lost my orientation if I had been flying it fpv. Hopefully this weekend if it's nice will get some video, I can't wait!

Thanks for the advice, this thing got my adrenaline pumping for sure and haven't even opened it up yet!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
AAAAAAANNNNNDDD the hook is set!

Also. I would suggest loe and slow line of sight in acro mode over auto level. I used to make a game of it seeing how low I could stay while yawing one direction the entire time. Those weeds with the ball things we used to shoot at each other as kids are good practice to " mow" down as targets or to use as pylons in fpv to learn throttle control and depth perception how low you can actually see in various lenses.

Last edited:

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Instead of angle or horizon self leveling modes you should look into the new acro trainer mode in Betaflight 3.4
Thanks, I'll try that out on the Chameleon which will be done soon. Decided to go with the new version of the Bardwell F4 because I'll probably try out some 4 in one ESCs eventually.

I did manage to get a few packs off today fpv with the Reverb and I think I'll be ok flying in acro. And played some of PsyBorg's low rider game, that's cool exercise. But the packs go so fast, boo hoo. What voltage should I be setting my alarm to for my 4S?I'm landing at 3.7V per cell, just under 15V now.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I usually land around 14.4V which has them recover to 3.7V/cell so you can probably go a little longer. Once you go below 14V it drops quick though.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I found its better to use a % timer. Once you dial it in it does not matter how hard or soft you fly the packs come down the same every time.

I can fly an 8 minute gentle freestyle run or rip a minute and a half track run and the packs go on charge at 3.65 to 3.85 volts per cell depending how long after the timer triggers I am actually back on the ground.

I would start at 1:20 on the timer and adjust higher or lower to match your specific batteries.

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
I usually land around 14.4V which has them recover to 3.7V/cell so you can probably go a little longer. Once you go below 14V it drops quick though.
Thanks, I was being too cautious.
I found its better to use a % timer. Once you dial it in it does not matter how hard or soft you fly the packs come down the same every time.

I can fly an 8 minute gentle freestyle run or rip a minute and a half track run and the packs go on charge at 3.65 to 3.85 volts per cell depending how long after the timer triggers I am actually back on the ground.

I would start at 1:20 on the timer and adjust higher or lower to match your specific batteries.
Thanks, I'll look into the % timer.
Man, I don't have anything to compare but this thing is performing flawlessly! Very impressed!

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
@PsyBorg, I finally broke free of the leveling mode/chains! Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Haven't had much time to practice and have just recently become comfortable flying at my favorite spot in acro, which is closer to my house. Reverb is holding up great with 4 hours of air time so far...

YT description;
Nothing spectacular, still learning. Some of the footage has jello because I usually bang up my new props before I get warmed up...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hehe I thought you were gonna matty flip that tree line when you popped up for that front flip.

Well done mate. Solid build. MUCH progress in your flying.

Spring is coming and it wont be long til you brave enough for faster flight thru tighter gaps.

Its all about stick time from here. Well done.

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Hehe I thought you were gonna matty flip that tree line when you popped up for that front flip.

Spring is coming and it wont be long til you brave enough for faster flight thru tighter gaps.

Thank you so much, really made my day!!!

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...

Still no Matty flips yet, next trick on my list though. The Reverb has been so so dependable but I did a dumb and bumped the arm switch in flight. Dove into brick and took out a motor and an ESC. I knew instantly what I did and I could have saved it if I my angle to arm wasn't limited in KISS. She's all fixed up ready to go again, was just wondering the best way to prevent this.
A hinged box/cover over the arm switch?
Is it a bad idea to turn the limit off so I could arm at any angle?

Some Reverb footage, just cruising around