[review] Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro

DutchRC

Halloa rc friend :D

yes.. we saw this coming a mile away huh? The V2 Pro goggles are finally here ;) Obviously I had to get my hands on those! I do still like the normal V2 set I have.. Let's see what's what with the new Pro version though :)

Link to the V2 Pro: Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro

I will shoot at Least 2 video's about the set.. In this first video I'll show you what has been changed.. How it goes together.. And I've thrown in a few build-tips..

Specs:
EPP Foam goggle case size: 162mm x 170mm x 102mm
Neoprene goggle glove size: 300mm x 230mm
Neoprene glove colour: Black
5” TFT monitor resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
Format: PAL/NTSC supported
Supply Voltage: 7 ~ 13V
Focal Length Adjustment: Clear Acrylic Lens set (1x, 1.25x and 1.5x magnification
Weight: 532g

anammox

Do your v2 pro's crop the video image? Mine crop the image all the way around the frame by a small amount.

DutchRC

Well it actually depends on the FPV camera you are using.. IF it outputs a higher resolution then the V2's screen, then yep.. It won't rescale.. It will indeed crop..

DutchRC

Hmm that is a bit weird indeed.. I've only noticed cropping while using a full HD FPV camera.. I guess my other FPV-cam's resolutions are lower then yours..
Can compare things with a fatshark though, as I don't have one..

Jimmyp

I just got these and like them. Work well for me. I have a older set of fatsharks and I like these better.

RCLB

Hi, I wanted to ask, I just bought the Quanum diy pro goggles and it seems that with the two lenses (1.25 + 1.5) I still can't focus on the screen, I also used my reading glasses (+1.00) but still, can't focus, is it me or can I do something more I didn't come up with? I appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

DutchRC

Hi there :)
well yeah.. I had the same experience with the Pro version. Have you tried mounting the screen in Front of the shell rather then In it?

RCLB

I want to try that as a last resort, I've seen on youtube that you can hot glue reading glasses with more magnification, but I think what you suggest is better. How do you mount them outside? double sided tape? Thank you very much for your comment! (Didn´t notice, I'm watching your videos, they helped me a lot with the build, thanks!)

Snowblind

Propeller Balancer
I used the two more powerful lenses back-back in the holder per the instructions to get rid of some fish-eye, and magnify it better. I have also been using it to play Need For Speed when not flying! Lots of options with this set, including my friend making a head-tracking VR unit for his PC using an HDMI>analog adapter, head-tracker plugged into USB sim dongle, and these goggles.

DutchRC

@RCLB: you are welcome ;)
I simply secured the screen in place with normal house-hold tape.. Align it with the 2 vertical straps, to make things look nice :)

You can actually see a hint of the tape in the video-thumbnail (see startpost) :)

RCLB

@RCLB: you are welcome ;)
I simply secured the screen in place with normal house-hold tape.. Align it with the 2 vertical straps, to make things look nice :)

You can actually see a hint of the tape in the video-thumbnail (see startpost) :)

You're right! didn´t notice it there, ha, ha! Thanks a bunch, I'll try it later tonight I'll let you know, Cheers!

RCLB

I used the two more powerful lenses back-back in the holder per the instructions to get rid of some fish-eye, and magnify it better. I have also been using it to play Need For Speed when not flying! Lots of options with this set, including my friend making a head-tracking VR unit for his PC using an HDMI>analog adapter, head-tracker plugged into USB sim dongle, and these goggles.

You just gave me a great idea involving Halo ! Thanks a lot, Cheers!

RCLB

Ok, so here´s what I came up with based on some videos and chats I´ve seen. The glasses always kept falling off my face or the ended up inside the goggles and I saw someone who hotglued them onto his Headplay goggles, but I didn't want to commit to hot glue, so I came up with these little tabs that conform to the closing of the goggles and looks like they turned out great!, they don´t come of when I take the goggles off and now I can see better. I'll give them a try but if it just wants thal little notch, I'll pull back on the screen. Thank you for all your comments, Cheers! Quanum V2 Pro mod_1.JPG Quanum V2 Pro mod_2.JPG