• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Rewind HobbyKing cf2812 motor

earthsciteach

Nah. She's still not pretty enough. I'm going to rewind a few motor for some friends in hopes to get rid of my RS wire, too. I'm just going order the high temp wire and be done with it. Rewinding is a lot of work to only get one flight out of a motor!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I hear ya- I finally got closer with the last one-
Got 4 flights out of it (still over propped)
So with this last little bit of wire I went with 11 winds, didn't smoke on the bench anyways.
After the sWARm I'll try this one out and see how long it goes.
I bought some bearing oil too.
I think the next weakest link on the FC2812 is the bearings ;)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I haven't had to replace any of the bearings- yet.
Most get damaged because guys like to over torque the mounting screws.
I throw away the little grub screws and use a 3mm machine screw that can be found at the local Home Depot.
I use a bunch of blue locktite too. Sometimes I have to use heat to get the motor out of the mount but I haven't had one loosen since I started using it.

I did buy some bearing oil.
Comes in a little bottle that has a needle on the tip.

I keep thinking about getting sealed bearings, they cost more than the motor does ;)
But at that point I'd have a 30 dollar motor, instead of a six dollar motor.
But just maybe if it's a 30 dollar motor that ROCKS it would be worth it?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Is this thread dead?
Ninja Update:
The Microdan high temp wire makes all the difference on this job.
I have one of these that I have attempted to burn out and it just keeps on going.
I ran every 1300mah battery though it on a hot day- got it so hot the glue on the motor mount started melting.
This would have definitely smoked the stock setup ;)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Trying-
Been a rough summer, health issues and stuff.
Got a bunch of planes that need work and some motors that need rewound.
Time to clean up the hobby room ;)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yup! teens and 20's , we were bulletproof...hit your 30's and start thinking the warranty might be close to up...hit 40's and then you know for sure the warranty has expired!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Did a bunch of stupid stuff as a kid. Never imagined myself as an old man. Longevity is does not appear to be in the family gene pool, especially for the males. But here I am.

BTW the rewound CF2812's with the Microdan 24 gauge wire are still kicking too...
(see what I did there?)

earthsciteach

Thank you, sir. Good to have you back on the forum. I've scratch built a combat wing that will fly circles around the Assassin. At least, that's what I predict. I haven't flown it yet. :D