RF 9 ; Plane motor ?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I know this is a rookie question. I have the sim loaded and working. Here is my question. When you start the sim up and the plane is on the runway ready for take off, is the motor running at idle or is it off ? I tried looking at videos on You Tube but could not tell whether the motor was at idle or not.

Thanks for any help,
Al

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I know this is a rookie question. I have the sim loaded and working. Here is my question. When you start the sim up and the plane is on the runway ready for take off, is the motor running at idle or is it off ? I tried looking at videos on You Tube but could not tell whether the motor was at idle or not.

Thanks for any help,
Al
That will depend on the plane that you load. Most "gas" planes will have the motors running. Electric motors run based on throttle position. It gets even more complex with Heli's, because some Gassers need to have an idleup switch set.

Cheers!
LitterBug

alan0043

That will depend on the plane that you load. Most "gas" planes will have the motors running. Electric motors run based on throttle position. It gets even more complex with Heli's, because some Gassers need to have an idleup switch set.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Right now I am talking about electric motor for a plane. It is good to know about the other flying machines. Thank you again for the info. Very helpful. I want to be able to fly the Hobby Zone Aero Scout. Thinking about buying this plane because of the Safe mode it has.

Al