RF9: Why do they bundle it with a transmitter?

Douglas

I probably should have asked this question before I purchased the RF9 software-only version, but just about anyone purchasing RF9 will already. have a transmitter. I have a DX8. Why would I want to pay the extra money to use their controller when I can just pair it with my own controller? That's the controller I fly with, and since the whole point for me is to learn how to fly, then I want to learn using my actual controller.

Am I missing something?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
It wasn't always easy to bind a TX to a PC and use it as a game controller. They also have considerably more buttons and switches on the RF controller than would be available on a lot of cheaper TXes. I actually have all 16 channels mapped from my Taranis X9d+, and I believe the RF controller has more than that. I personally am fine with using my TX and got the software only version. I did not want the added expense or want to use a cord.

LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Back in the day of proprietary interfaces a dedicated TX was used / needed. For instance my Reflex XTR sim requires a dongle to interface with any radio. Some cheaper sims have a radio that has no actual rf transmitter in it and is just gimbals and switches.