Rhino 2200 25C 3s Batteries for $6???

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I just bought 2 of them, I’ve not had a chance to use them yet. I needed a bit more to get free shipping and decided to give them a try. The 2 batteries cost about the same as what the shipping was going to be, in some ways they were free.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Gens Ace/Tattu brand has done well for me, and their US warehouse is in Northern California, so they tend to get stuff out fairly quickly to the rest of the country.

I WILL state that I've had one of their batteries puff and then go dead on me, but It was after a pretty hefty crash with my quad, so I'm not gonna blame them...Their prices are pretty decent, and while they're not as cheap as the Rhino, they hold up pretty well. Just remember, you get what you pay for with those Rhinos - you want them to last for just a few flights and sag, they might be right for you, but otherwise, I'd look elsewhere for a quality battery.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I’d say any lipo battery treated poorly or even just neglected a little bit can have issues. That’s not anything against anyone who has had issues or replied here saying they had a bad experience, all i am saying is that accidental neglect/abuse does happen. I have made it a habit to charge my batteries at 1C and give them proper time in between charge/discharge cycles to cool. My Tattu Packs have no signs of puffing whatsoever and still are running great 1.5 years into their life with somewhat continuous use. I definitely agree that the quality of the battery can influence how much neglect, abuse, and cycles it can take, however a lot of times the end result of a puffed or dead battery is likely the user’s fault in some way. Either way, im no professional, however I have owned plenty of lipo packs and seen it all from fires, to major puffing, dead cells, and factory defects. I just ordered 6 of these rhino packs, and Im pretty confident they will be well worth their cost, and even if some don’t last as long as other brands, you have to remember they cost a fraction of the price. Either way, looks like several of us here have ordered them and everyone on the fence will have plenty of results in the coming days/weeks to make their decision off of. Stay tuned!

Bruces

It is really cheap. Generally, if the budget is enough, I will choose gens, tattu, turnigy, and if it is less, I will choose zippy and ovonic.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
It is really cheap. Generally, if the budget is enough, I will choose gens, tattu, turnigy, and if it is less, I will choose zippy and ovonic.

Ive had mine for about a month now, using them consistently. No issues at all, performing flawlessly. Feel like very quality units surprisngly. I run tattu packs mainly and have yet to notice a real quality/performance difference between them. I definitely expect the long term performance to be in favor of the tattus, but for the price I am blown away.

Now I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from, and how well you maintain your packs, but I could definitely see the Tattu, gens, etc packs holding up to misuse better. Theres a surprising amount of people on here that blame the bad experience they have with a cheaper pack just on the cheaper price, when people who maintain their packs properly will see the same results as found in more expensive options

Learning not to overdischarge, overcharge, leave discharged, or fail to store your packs properly can drastically reduce a pack's performance and life span. Also, it may be a given but charging at 1C will keep the pack healthy for longer, I always do that just for the safety aspect of it, and so I don't have to keep buying more packs.

Moral of the story: Learn to take care of your batteries and you are far more likely to get a good experience and a long life out of them. Sorry for the rant.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Ive had mine for about a month now, using them consistently. No issues at all, performing flawlessly. Feel like very quality units surprisngly. I run tattu packs mainly and have yet to notice a real quality/performance difference between them. I definitely expect the long term performance to be in favor of the tattus, but for the price I am blown away.

Now I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from, and how well you maintain your packs, but I could definitely see the Tattu, gens, etc packs holding up to misuse better. Theres a surprising amount of people on here that blame the bad experience they have with a cheaper pack just on the cheaper price, when people who maintain their packs properly will see the same results as found in more expensive options

Learning not to overdischarge, overcharge, leave discharged, or fail to store your packs properly can drastically reduce a pack's performance and life span. Also, it may be a given but charging at 1C will keep the pack healthy for longer, I always do that just for the safety aspect of it, and so I don't have to keep buying more packs.

Moral of the story: Learn to take care of your batteries and you are far more likely to get a good experience and a long life out of them. Sorry for the rant.

Very well said! I have to work on that.:oops: