Rhode Island (RI)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
How many FT fans are flying in Rhode Island now?

I fly FT style foamies and just added a quad to the fleet. I'm usually found at Wilson Park in North Kingstown/Wickford, RI.

JohnRambozo

Forever alone... I actually ran into a guy at the park flying a Radian for the first time in over a year. Good talk.

AKCobra

Forever alone... I actually ran into a guy at the park flying a Radian for the first time in over a year. Good talk.

Yeah not many of us around in RI it seems. It's hard to find good spots to fly too, the state is very densely populated and very woodsey. I fly out of Cumberland, strictly a quad guy though. I fly most often early in the morning at the Cumberland Monastery, occasionally at Franklin Farm, and recently sometimes at Chase farm. One other guy nearby I fly with sometimes, but for the most part I just fly solo as well.

JohnRambozo

Yeah not many of us around in RI it seems. It's hard to find good spots to fly too, the state is very densely populated and very woodsey. I fly out of Cumberland, strictly a quad guy though. I fly most often early in the morning at the Cumberland Monastery, occasionally at Franklin Farm, and recently sometimes at Chase farm. One other guy nearby I fly with sometimes, but for the most part I just fly solo as well.

Cool, I've flown at Chase farm a few times. Its a little out of my way but its a nice spot and usually quiet.

captron360

I'm not far from Cumberland, I live in Uxbridge. We should pick a day and get together. I have 6 or 7 bloody wonders we could crash I mean fly.
I built them just to have a dog fight. Should be fun.

JohnRambozo

I'm not far from Cumberland, I live in Uxbridge. We should pick a day and get together. I have 6 or 7 bloody wonders we could crash I mean fly.
I built them just to have a dog fight. Should be fun.

Hey man, somehow I missed this! That'd be great if we can coordinate a get together. I can build one (or some) if you need some extras. I actually just came back from my daughter's indoor soccer game at Wide World of Sports in NK. I asked the manager about indoor R/C and he said the allow it when they're not busy and probably would only charge $10. I have to email him to follow up on a day and time. I'd take a day out of work to make it happen.

captron360

Wow that's great!! I can always find a day or 2 to fly rather than work lol.
There is a club in Millis Ma. that always held indoor flying during the winter. Last year they couldn't find a place and all was lost.
http://www.millismodelaircraftclub.com/
Great bunch of guys lot of fun to fly with. There were usually around 20 or so and we paid either $5 or $10 to fly for the evening.
Thanks for the reply
Ron

JohnRambozo

I checked out the website. Pretty cool! It looked like a fair number of 3D profile planes back at the 2011 Frozen Fingers event... Wow that was 5 years ago.

I have to email the manager to make sure they have the fields available for us and to find out how long they would let us fly. I guess 2 hours would be okay as a minimum. I only have 6 3s 2200mah batteries and 3 2s 500mah for my 3D foamy.. and I'm hoping to have a little XK DHC-2 Beaver and should have the new Arrow wing built this weekend. Hopefully its not too fast for indoors but I know the field is going to feel really small once we get in the air. Maybe we can talk them into opening up two fields. They're divided by a sliding curtain thing.

Is there a day that works better for you? I'll ask what they have available over the next month or so.

captron360

Rhode Island

Feb. is a very slow month for me at work. I can make time available either week days or weekends. I have no preference at all. Whatever works for you will work for me.
I have about a dozen 3 cell 2200mah batteries and a few chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter sockets. We can fly all day LOL

JohnRambozo

Feb. is a very slow month for me at work. I can make time available either week days or weekends. I have no preference at all. Whatever works for you will work for me.
I have about a dozen 3 cell 2200mah batteries and a few chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter sockets. We can fly all day LOL

Nice. My charger clips onto the battery terminals. I have 6 3s2200mah, 3 2s500mah for my 3D plane and the FT Arrow (both yet to be maidened)

Cooter3690

Hey guys, just came across this thread. Me and my cousin have both been building and flying FT planes since last fall. I'm in Douglas and he's in Woonsocket. We fly at Chase Farm and at the soccer field in Woonsocket. I've also built the Otter and flown it off the lake I live near in Douglas. You guys still flying? Oh and anyone interested in going halves on a box of the WPFB? I want to scratch build the sea duck!

captron360

Sea Duck

Hey Cooter!!
Yea I have been flying with John for a while. Hey if you want to build a Sea Duck, I have a case of waterproof foam. I can give you 6-7 sheets.
I think the Sea Duck is the BEST FT plane yet. I have built 3 of them so far lol.
Let me know if you would like to get together and fly. I live in Uxbridge.