Ridiculousness with a Wild Hawk and snow

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
So you got some of this weather too. Nice videos. Servo chatter reminds me of Flipper.

I opened all three up forgetting that in this Firefox browser that it plays the videos in the separate tabs. For a second I thought you had a 3-motor-mod on that Hawk. Seeing your's fly makes me miss mine. Boy that was a good plane.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
So you got some of this weather too. Nice videos. Servo chatter reminds me of Flipper.

I opened all three up forgetting that in this Firefox browser that it plays the videos in the separate tabs. For a second I thought you had a 3-motor-mod on that Hawk. Seeing your's fly makes me miss mine. Boy that was a good plane.

Oh my god yes!! Just tried it out and it sounded very much like a 5m long plane with 3 motors trying to lift of!

earthsciteach

Ha ha! The plane is so ridiculously out of trim that I have to constantly give it control input. It didn't seem like a big deal to me (part of its charm) until I watched these videos. I'll dial in the clevises before recording on it, again!

earthsciteach

A lot of things were out of balance, from really sticky snow leading to a very tail-heavy airplane, to control surfaces being so far off that I can't dial in using trim on the tx. As you can see, I beat this plane to heck!

What makes you say the prop is out of balance? I'm not arguing with you, but would like to know what you base this on.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
I have the keychain cam, and that sounds exactly like mine did when I put full throttle on. After I balanced the prop though it was much quieter. Generally if it doesn't sound like prop or motor noise it's out of balance.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yo should be able to use David's method of balancing (clear tape). It's in one of the tricopter episodes. I have never tried it (duh) but it seems to work OK

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Yo should be able to use David's method of balancing (clear tape). It's in one of the tricopter episodes. I have never tried it (duh) but it seems to work OK
You only need to use tape on things like tri and quad copters so the prop stays dynamically balanced. On a plane, just sanding the tip should be ok.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D

He doesn´t only balance the props in that episode, he also balanced the bell of the motor with zip ties. Just put one on and look for the motor runs more smoothly

eyeinthesky

love the wild hawk it was my first plane and i still have it now its covered in hot glue and tape but still flies great

earthsciteach

Yeah, mine takes a lot of abuse and keeps flying. I was thinking about ordering the $39.99 arf version for when I need to finally replace a part.