Right aileron stuck in down position on the Bixler

AMDMaine

How do we fix. The aileron is in the down position and the servo make noise all of the time. The aileron does move up and down.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Sounds like you have a broken or stripped servo. I would consider replacing it with another 9gram servo if you can get your hands on it.

Did this happen after a crash? or just after purchasing the plane? If it's new, then you need to first center the trims, little push buttons on your transmitter radio. Then you pop open the clevis from the control horn, screw it in or out to change the length of the control rod, and reinstall it.

About the names of stuff, it's like this: The "Servo" is the little box thingy in the wing. The "Control Arm" is the nylon thingy on the servo going to the metallic "Control Rod". The other end of the control rod has a "Clevis" screwed on. This is to adjust the length of the control rod. The Clevis is popped onto a "Control Horn" which is in turn glued to the "Aileron".

Make sure it's working smoothly before flying. If it locks up you could have a bad gear in the servo which could make you crash.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
How do we fix. The aileron is in the down position and the servo make noise all of the time. The aileron does move up and down.
Am i right?
You can control your aileron up and down.
When in down position - the servo makes noise?

- The aileron is to stiff and the servo does not have enough power - free the aileron from the pushrod and bend it several times.
- The aileron moves to much - Connect the pushrod further out on the horn.

AMDMaine

Yes the right aileron moves up and down and always makes noise. It is down when the stick is centered. The aileron centers when turned off. We are getting a USB programming cable tomorrow

UndCon

UndCon
As new out of the box the hinges has to be worked several times to move freely. The supplied servos are not top quality.
The servo can be removed with a flat screwdriver for replacement.
HXT 900 are cheap and works just fine for this.

I replaced all servos and lots more trickery to make the Bixler better

http://www.undcon.com/?s=Bixler

//UndCon

AMDMaine

Aileron works now motor will not. I bought the programming cable. Reversed that control. Now the motor will not work at all. At least I can change the settings in the transmitter.

As new out of the box the hinges has to be worked several times to move freely. The supplied servos are not top quality.
The servo can be removed with a flat screwdriver for replacement.
HXT 900 are cheap and works just fine for this.

I replaced all servos and lots more trickery to make the Bixler better

http://www.undcon.com/?s=Bixler

//UndCon