RMRC discounted "pioneer glider"

earthsciteach

Don't know about the quality of the plane, but it is a good price. Even Nitroplanes sells the PNP version for $199.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Great price... Shipping rate is reasonable too for such a big plane - $46 to Australia.

I suspect the 'not up to their standards' means that it's not selling as well as they hoped and/or they've had a couple too many post-sale issues.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
If set up properly could be a nice flying plane.
In general this kind of plane would probably be very sensitive to CG changes.
My guess is they bought a few and had reports of customers were struggling to get them set up and flying well.
One poor flying plane can wreck your reputation once word gets out on the forums.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I remember Hobbyking had a plane that was so difficult they ran a competition to see who could get it to fly! I think it was one of the composite jets...

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
If set up properly could be a nice flying plane.
In general this kind of plane would probably be very sensitive to CG changes.
My guess is they bought a few and had reports of customers were struggling to get them set up and flying well.
One poor flying plane can wreck your reputation once word gets out on the forums.

My opinion is that The Ninja nailed it !! those planes are hard to set the CG, add to that challenge:

osd, gps, antennas, long range receiver, video Tx, array of batteries and cables to wire all that stuff.

most likely you will end up with a plane that doesnt track straight making it poor for filming.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Chop off the tail, add a long boom with the chopped tail at the end and I bet you would have a great plane with 8' wingspan.
$49 for the kit is VERY tempting.

Thurmond