Road to aerobatic flying - Just getting started? Post here!(Also about Transmitters)

Samh

Elite member
I personally dont think switching to Jumper will fix your issues. The DXe is kind of a trash spektrum transmitter. If you bought a DX8 or DX9 your issues would be fixed. but also notice how people flying arent near much of anything that can cause much of an interference

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I personally dont think switching to Jumper will fix your issues. The DXe is kind of a trash spektrum transmitter. If you bought a DX8 or DX9 your issues would be fixed. but also notice how people flying arent near much of anything that can cause much of an interference
I totally agree with you that if i started with even the DX6, like i have said before, probably wouldn't be an issue now and would still be on your side of the fence cheering spektrum. That's not the case and now I am going to Jumper. Open Tx, cmon, spektrum not so much. 16 channels, how much would I have to spend with Spektrum to get 16 channels. Sure they had the customer service (let's send you a new one mentality), great as long as it works, that didn't happen. And the last time i called customer service for Spektrum i got the run around, on hold for a combined hour and a half, passed from agent to agent to still achieve nothing. Like @Grifflyer said, I am so beyond it that there is nothing but up from here. I will say I won't be returning the Jumper to get a DX9 or 12 just because you praise Spektrum, or anyone else for that matter. I had my experience with them and its over, which sucks that i had to cough up more money on another Tx, but if the issues are solved then this will be a lifer Tx and I am a happy pilot. That's what really is the priority here

Bricks

Master member
Honestly though... I would never buy an IX12 though. It's the worst transmitter ever designed

I think some of the reviewers have not a clue as to the extent of how to use the IX12. Of the 3 clubs local there are 6 of the IX12`s, all are very happy with it except one guy and once a few friends helped him out now he will not go back to his DX9. There are some idiosyncrasy that make the IX12 different then other Spektrum transmitters, and if you do not learn them, then I can see the problem.

https://www.flyingrc.net/spkix12rvu.html

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I've pretty must decided my next TX will be the T18 or the Radiomaster TX16S. Just need to convince myself its worth it over spending the $$$ on another plane :)
I would say the Tx is the most important part. You could have thousands of dollars in planes but with nothing to fly them its pointless. Depnds if you want an upgrade or are having trouble with the one you have. For me i am hoping this will be the last radio for awhile

OliverW

Legendary member
I think some of the reviewers have not a clue as to the extent of how to use the IX12. Of the 3 clubs local there are 6 of the IX12`s, all are very happy with it except one guy and once a few friends helped him out now he will not go back to his DX9. There are some idiosyncrasy that make the IX12 different then other Spektrum transmitters, and if you do not learn them, then I can see the problem.

https://www.flyingrc.net/spkix12rvu.html
I watched SupaTim have a couple models go "Corrupted". They had to completely redo a few models

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I would say the Tx is the most important part. You could have thousands of dollars in planes but with nothing to fly them its pointless. Depnds if you want an upgrade or are having trouble with the one you have. For me i am hoping this will be the last radio for awhile
Fair point, so far my $50 Flysky has done the job but I have been envious of the gimbals on my buddys DX8.