Road to aerobatic flying - Just getting started? Post here!(Also about Transmitters)

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi,

Since getting into fixed wing, I have only flown high wing trainer type airplanes. It's starting to get a little boring just going in circles and doing an occasional loop(I haven't even done a roll yet!:eek:). I decided I want to step it up a notch and get into some aerobatic flying, but I have no idea where to start.

I need someone to walk me through getting/building an airplane, start preforming some simple aerobatics, etc. @SquirrelTail and @Grifflyer seem like guys that could help, correct me if I'm wrong.:)(I've seen some of your videos! You guys can do some pretty cool stuff!)

Some of the questions I have are:

1. Where should I start?
2. What's a good beginner aerobatic airplane? It has to be a FliteTest airplane, I can't afford a prebuilt foam one.
3. Should I start with a simulator?

I'll have some more questions in the future.

Also, If anyone else is just getting into aerobatic flying and has questions, you are welcome to post them here!

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
Fly stimulator, add ailerons to current plane. Both will get you started. stimulator is more ECO friendly.... Rolls: at least 3 mistakes high, slap aileron stick full into stop, keep it there, add down when inverted, when upright again recover. Some planes need 5 mistakes high.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Fly stimulator, add ailerons to current plane. Both will get you started. stimulator is more ECO friendly.... Rolls: at least 3 mistakes high, slap aileron stick full into stop, keep it there, add down when inverted, when upright again recover. Some planes need 5 mistakes high.

I do have ailerons on some of my planes. I know how to fly with ailerons. Is there a simulator you recommend that's cheap? I have a MacBook Air.

Thanks for the help!:)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi,

Since getting into fixed wing, I have only flown high wing trainer type airplanes. It's starting to get a little boring just going in circles and doing an occasional loop(I haven't even done a roll yet!:eek:). I decided I want to step it up a notch and get into some aerobatic flying, but I have no idea where to start.

I need someone to walk me through getting/building an airplane, start preforming some simple aerobatics, etc. @SquirrelTail and @Grifflyer seem like guys that could help, correct me if I'm wrong.:)(I've seen some of your videos! You guys can do some pretty cool stuff!)

Some of the questions I have are:

1. Where should I start?
2. What's a good beginner aerobatic airplane? It has to be a FliteTest airplane, I can't afford a prebuilt foam one.
3. Should I start with a simulator?

I'll have some more questions in the future.

Also, If anyone else is just getting into aerobatic flying and has questions, you are welcome to post them here!

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy
Haha, I don't think I'll be the biggest help, I just go up high, push the sticks in random directions and recover:LOL: After I memorize what the plane does I'll start performing my "stunts"at lower altitudes. I did just order a 3D plane so I'm bound to get better.

A good plane for stunts would be the FT 3D, you don't have to run the craziest throws, start small and start moving the sticks around and see what happens.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Haha, I don't think I'll be the biggest help, I just go up high, push the sticks in random directions and recover:LOL: After I memorize what the plane does I'll start performing my "stunts"at lower altitudes. I did just order a 3D plane so I'm bound to get better.

A good plane for stunts would be the FT 3D, you don't have to run the craziest throws, start small and start moving the sticks around and see what happens.

Yes, your a lot of help! Thanks for the advise!

What airplane did you order?