Rotor Riot - Chad's NEW SHOW!!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
They have a stig in the cast... Charpu! But you have to get some sort of helmet or white race suit for him to wear :p

More specifically on challenges... On top gear some of my favorite challenges where when they each buy a vehicle and try to complete some crazy adventure. Maybe each could have a small budget and has to build a multi-rotor to complete some crazy challenge? It doesn't have to be long range or anything.

I'm glad to see Chad isn't out of making videos about the hobby. Looking forward to the new series! What youtube channel will it be on? Flitetest's or something else?

Zackthrills

Multirotor Pro pilot
Chad,
Sounds like a great Idea if we here at Blackbirdfpv can do anything to help please let us know, i myself aka Zackthrills have some pretty cool ideas if ur up for it u have my number let me know. As always great job keep up the great work

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
You better get a white race suit for charpu. How about an Africa special to end season 1? Get lots of quads and have charpu race them around the same course for, oh I don't know, "power lap times". Every once in a while you could bring on a celebrity and have them fly a nano QX FPV around the same course and have them compete with each other. Decorate the set (rotor riot studio) with a bunch of busted up multi rotor parts. Do a crazy challenge every week set be the producers. Build a competitive race quad for under $100 for example. Review new products (pre release) in a comedic fashion. Then call Jeremy Clarkson and have him be your first guest.

Spastickitten

Why would he need hammers? Aren't there tree for that? Just take it for a test flight, and you'll find a replacement for your hammers pretty quick!

Burly

Chad,
Are you envisioning just a YouTube channel?
How about a podcast as well...I love to listen to podcasts...
If you can do those two things well...that would be great.

In the early stages, websites, forums, and full blown web stores is just too much to take on without the videos and podcasts suffering.
But who knows what happens down the road.

I'm also interested in more technical topics.

I see a lot of FPV content on the web...but very little on autopilot with waypoints(which is still kind of in its infancy as far as capabilities go).
It would be fun to see if these FPV courses couldn't be navigated in a total autopilot mode by either a quad or a plane.
At some point...I'm sure they will.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Why would he need hammers? Aren't there tree for that? Just take it for a test flight, and you'll find a replacement for your hammers pretty quick!

It's a Top Gear thing, as were both of my previous posts.

ExperimentalRC

Make it a similar format to Top Gear and I'd love it. Start off with reviews, then go to a special guest, and do some kind of news segment. Specials are always fun, but the most important part is to keep it humorous. Not too serious and not too many jokes/goofing about.

ZoomNBoom

Every Top Gear franchise / knock off / imitation Ive ever seen has failed miserably IMO, even though most where pretty much straight copies, with large production budgets and exhaustive casting for selecting the presenters, so Id be careful drawing too much inspiration from it. What mostly makes Top Gear work is the presenters and their weird synergy. They can do a show on mowing lawn and it would still be funny. Thats not something you can just copy. Not unless you can sign Clarkson & Co. Well, they are looking for a job arent they ? :p

Not anymore. Amazon signed them al up for three years worth of a show not too long ago. I'm guessing they'll keep Clarkson and Catain Slow as far away from the drones as possible

DharanFlyer

Just saw this today, I'm all in for the new show!

1. What would be the perfect episode?
I would personally like to see a bit more on racing tactics, racing builds, and ground stations for racing. I like the idea of the daredevil challenges. The challenges on FT are some of my favorite episodes so seeing those make a strong comeback would be awesome.

2. What products would you like to see featured?
A range of frame pricing ranging from things like the Electrohub up through the more expensive DJI type products.

3. Who would you like to see on the show?
No preference here outside of Charpu. Maybe a guest appearance from the FT group now and again?

4. Why is this a good/bad idea?
Good - Covers advanced topics for the ones (not me) who have mastered the basics.
Good - Has a more narrow focus than FT (targeted fan base)
Good - Covers a current hot topic in the community

Bad - Has a more narrow focus than FT (possible limited material)
Bad - Covers a current hot topic (if the fad fades could loose audience)

5. What's your favorite multirotor?
Currently my only one, Electrohub. I have the RobotCat 275mm from Hobbyking as my next frame.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
This is great input!! Keep it coming.

I'm trying to plan a trip to the LA area to get Nowak, Steele, Ummagawd, and Charpu all together. We want to shoot the first 4 episodes to get things rolling. Does anyone know of any sweet flying locations? Maybe something unique like a plane graveyard?

I really like the idea of a podcast as well! I would totally listen to that. What should the topics be for the first podcast?

Last edited:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
*Sigh* I really like this idea. I would like it more if it applied to me. Such is life. I'm sure it will be a great addition to our RC community.