Rotorgeeks - Brilliant company!!!!

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
If you're using an ESC with KISS style pads for the motor leads (all 3 on the end), you're basically already there... no need for a PDB on those arms :)

zenguerilla

If you're using an ESC with KISS style pads for the motor leads (all 3 on the end), you're basically already there... no need for a PDB on those arms :)

I guess if you would have to shrink wrap over the connections anyway and there's no harm in de/re-solder to the ESC that's probably correct. Good point.

A PDB arm would only be slightly cooler if you were mounting the ESC in the center frame.

narcolepticltd

I guess if you would have to shrink wrap over the connections anyway and there's no harm in de/re-solder to the ESC that's probably correct. Good point.

A PDB arm would only be slightly cooler if you were mounting the ESC in the center frame.

yup... and having the ESC right under the prop with all that airflow is what I prefer

zenguerilla

yup... and having the ESC right under the prop with all that airflow is what I prefer

Correct again. Maybe cooler wouldn't be the best word to describe mounting ESCs in the center frame area. I tend to prefer ESCs in or on the edge of prop thrust area as well as cooling with many things tends to encourage more power, efficiency, and durability, or something to that effect.

Check out the heat sinks on the quad in this video. This thing's got a pretty durable 'off-road/adventure' style of look to it and seems like it is pretty functional too.

It also has comp between Xiaomi Yi and Mobius, where Mobius actually looks pretty good in comparison.

jipp

i think the Xiaomi has more natural colors.. but who knows how each camera is setup yeah?>

great flying tho.
im years away from that.
chris.

zenguerilla

i think the Xiaomi has more natural colors.. but who knows how each camera is setup yeah?>

great flying tho.
im years away from that.
chris.

The Xiaomi, like GoPro, does appear to have what are considered more neutral color and better to start with in post color correction.

But for me, there is a kind of lomographic aspect, where the thought is more of : are you trying to capture the most accurate duplication? or just take a picture that you like with an imperfect device that, instead of just not being as good or effective, can have potentially appreciable quirks and differences.

edit: of course the amount someone has, or it is worth, to shell out every time something breaks is a factor as well. (less related: a few times with a video like this is pretty great for a power/cat nap, at least given reasonably conducive conditions.)

Last edited:

jipp

yeah, i guess it comes down to personal preference.
i also notice youtube changed there format again.. now you see 1080p60p or something.. not sure what that means.. but i wonder if youtube is working on its compression.
chris.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Youtube now allows 60 frames per second videos, so 1080p60p means 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second. More frames means more smoothness in the video. In the case of FPV, more frames will reduce the amount of blur you see when you zoom by some trees.

zenguerilla

Not replaceable arms and on a tiny little 200 class frame, but check out the Tarot TL200A.

PDB, Signal routing and ESC routing all in the PCB. Everything but a UBEC.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336645

. . . but a broken arm and you've got a lot of soldering to redo. Hopefully the little 200 can take it :p

I have seen the 'PDB' or 'PCB' center plate version and what looks like a similar/'clone' at RCT which looks pretty good, but I would probably want to stay away from that one-piece version for concern with the results of breaking an arm and loosing the whole thing.

It seems like on shorter arms one would want to either mount the esc further in on the frame, or right at or under the motor for it to be most worth it, though I think the solder pads being better than just wire to wire is at least part of the idea, depending on weights, preference, etc.

zenguerilla

classic flitetest....we have gone completely off topic, i love it.

I don't think I've seen one thread that didn't, not just here, but anywhere on the internet, necessarily includes a certain curvature or breadth into what may seem intuitively, or not so much, related inquiries, items, or inclusions.

If all threads remained completely vertical, they might easily more than triple or quadruple in number, and probably be as or more difficult to navigate.

jipp

pfft, i get the e mail saying they are in stock go to buy some and gone! lame.

guess im gonna try different motors.
chris.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I don't think they're out of stock yet Chris. Earlier today he said that most went to preorders, but there are some left that he will put up later. I think your best bet is to just add them to your cart and preorder them. That way you get priority when he updates the stock or gets a new shipment in.

narcolepticltd

the vast majority went to pre-orders (haha I got mine!), so it's possible he's already sold out of the remaining stock. Your best bet is to just go ahead and preorder like Snarls says. Otherwise you can check some of the other reputable vendors as they may still have stock.

jipp

its all good. ill try again next month..

im in no hurry, i hope to start a new project next month.. and im assuming my ZMR will be working just fine.
it seems for my nana flying i doubt im gonna break it at this point.. but i do want a back up just in case.. so yeah i hope to start a new project next month.

i sent off a email to a company in the UK to see if they ship to the US. there webpage is kind of lacking that kind of info. heh.. but its all good.

chris.

narcolepticltd

I pre-ordered motors a day before they arrived, they shipped the night of arrival. The forces of mail delivery have aligned and they're already out for delivery today. Passed through customs and already in atlanta from canadia over a long weekend. Thanks David!