Rssi dies after 100m. Please help!

Bassplyr94

I just got my plane set up and after flying around 100 meters away with no obstruction which ended in a crash.
My transmitter: qx7 access (firmware v2.1)
Rx: s6r (firmware v2.1)

I don’t know what the problem is because I have nothing to troubleshoot it with. I’m not sure if it’s the tx or the rx.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How and where is you receiver antenna positioned? If its parallel to any wires inside the air frame or near the mass of the battery RF can be blocked or severely attenuated.

Make sure the exposed core is straight and undamaged as well. I would also position the receiver width wise in the fuselage and point one antenna at the wing tips as most power and signal wires in the fuselage run fore and aft and the other straight up. That gives a 90 degree spread with less chance of interference from other electronics and power.

Finally dont set your transmitter antenna so the tip is pointing up at the air craft. Thats a huge dead zone. I run mine parallel with the ground pointing directly to the right so I know not to go low and 90 degrees to my right unless I am real close to myself. That way the radiation "doughnut" is out in front of me and easily covering ground to as high as the power levels let it go.

Finally do several range checks on the ground walking a complete circle around your aircraft at what ever distance is suggest by your radio manufacturer.