Rubber band question for Flite Test models (Size question)

Rusty105

Hey everyone,

I have two Flite Test models; A Simple Storch, and A Tiny Trainer. The Tiny Trainer flew all last year and now the rubber bands dried out and broke, but I found two more in my parts box. However the Simple Storch hasn't been completed yet, but I am somehow missing the rubber bands for the wing. So as of no I have no bands for either plane. Now I can't see how the Tiny Trainer bands fit on the Storch, or do they?

So bottom line..... Where can I find rubber bands for both wings?

Thanks!
Rusty

FDS

Elite member
Buy a big bag of mixed rubber bands? You don’t need the exact same size. They perish and need to be replaced every few weeks.
# 64 is fairly common on FT planes.

Michael9865

Elite member
I always keep my rubber bands in a plastic jar with baby powder on them to help them last longer. One jar for new and one jar for thee re-used ones so I can watch them closer to see if they are becoming unusable.

Reactions: FDS

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hey everyone,

I have two Flite Test models; A Simple Storch, and A Tiny Trainer. The Tiny Trainer flew all last year and now the rubber bands dried out and broke, but I found two more in my parts box. However the Simple Storch hasn't been completed yet, but I am somehow missing the rubber bands for the wing. So as of no I have no bands for either plane. Now I can't see how the Tiny Trainer bands fit on the Storch, or do they?

So bottom line..... Where can I find rubber bands for both wings?

Thanks!
Rusty

Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, Walmart, Target, any office supply store that sells #64 rubber bands. Don't go get the cheap bag of "assorted" ones. I tried that with a package from the Dollar Tree, and it was a mistake - they kept breaking when I tried to put them on, or didn't have enough strength to hold the wing on.