Rudder drift

Pmckey

Hello, I'm new to quadcopters and have just completed my first build. My quadcopter is built on the H.AL. Frame with a KK2 board updated to ver 1.6 from Hobbyking. My maiden flight was a week ago and although it flew well, I experienced rudder drift to the left. Throttle, elvevator/airleron input seems to have no effect on it, nor does self level being on or off. The rudder trim on my radio doesn't fix the problem either, 1 click of right trim makes the rudder drift right, 1 click back and it drifts left again, etc. No true center can be achieved. I was wondering what, if any, P or I setting can be adjusted to fix this problem. Btw, I have a cheap radio from Hobbyking, a 2.4ghz 4ch I picked up for $25, it seems to work okay as an entry level radio for learning. If it wasn't for that annoying rudder drift I wouldn't have any complaints at all with it. Any advice would be much appreciated, I'm not against maybe purchasing a better radio with more precise trims if that would help.

Thank you
Pmckey

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The rudder trim on my radio doesn't fix the problem either, 1 click of right trim makes the rudder drift right, 1 click back and it drifts left again, etc. No true center can be achieved. Thank you
Pmckey

Did you try trimming the rudder control? May be a silly question, but I've done sillier things

Looks like he tried it.
It might be solved with a rudder "I" adjustment if it isn't motor angle. 1click of trim reversing the drift doesn't seem to be very far off, so it sounds like it just needs a small tweak.

Pmckey

Thanks for the help.

I will buy an angle finder tool and check the alignment of the motor mounts and go from there. I will repost when I find a solution.

Thanks again!

PmcKey

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I've experienced an odd autolevel drift when my KK2 was mounted oddly. It built up over about a 2 minute period where I had to land because I would have the elevator stick buried at 11 o'clock. Had it mounted on plenty of foam, but it became a bit loose. Remounted it and fixed it.

Most likely not the issue, just sayin' . . .