Runaway Planes: biggest loss and close calls

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
So, this was before I learned about antenna orientation and signal interference...
it may also have been an equipment failure as when I removed the receiver one of the antenna just pulled out..
Anyway the video says it all...

Maybe a lesson for the newbies (I still consider myself one btw.)
Don’t give up!!

This was my first “flight” with my new radian and I was SO heartbroken....
She sat in the boneyard for a couple months... once I ordered a new fuselage I started work putting her back together. She’s had all servos up graded to metal gear, laminated wings and currently flies with a lemon receiver. Spektrum repaired the receiver at no cost (but did not offer a replacement fuselage...) 😕

But she’s an active member of my hanger now!

Did you replace the tape in the fuselage? I just remembered seeing videos about it and someone had theirs crash.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Did you replace the tape in the fuselage? I just remembered seeing videos about it and someone had theirs crash.
Not sure what tape you are referring to, the led strip?

I had to replace the entire fuselage there wasn’t enough left to rebuild after she nosed in.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Not sure what tape you are referring to, the led strip?

I had to replace the entire fuselage there wasn’t enough left to rebuild after she nosed in.
I think it was the tape that kept the tail from moving. I heard it was bad and cause the tail to pivot or slide back.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Speaking of Assassins:
A521FC5B-6128-4A67-949D-0B9BCE9BB3E1.jpeg
2A647E99-735D-4C4A-8ED5-E2DCA6D30237.jpeg
08934332-AD67-4C55-A11D-92941DAFF5E1.jpeg