RunCam Split DVR and HD Video Comparison

I got my RunCam Split installed today so I put together a quick video comaring the DVR footage with the HD footage. Let me know what you think!!

Take a look at some of the other videos I have on YouTube!!

Thanks!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
THANK YOU for posting this comparison! I've been curious about these but didn't feel like being an early adopter. Is there any noticeable lag in the FPV feed?

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Ditto. I just got a new action cam which I am liking a bit but would like to have another option for more serious FPV and for around $70 it's a very good price, certainly competitive.

Please do keep us posted about the pros and cons you find including anything you do to adjust for them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Shouldn't be any lag as the signals get split out of the camera and go two different ways. All the processing is done on the second board for the higher def recording but should not effect the response time from the FPV side. There may be a buffer type delay while it records but you will never see that once its all stored. At worst I would think maybe a slight delay in the play back sync after its all downloaded.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I got my RunCam Split installed today so I put together a quick video comaring the DVR footage with the HD footage. Let me know what you think!!

Curious how you managed to pick one of these up already. I've been looking at my usual sources and everyone still has it as Pre-Order.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Curious how you managed to pick one of these up already. I've been looking at my usual sources and everyone still has it as Pre-Order.

Cheers!
LitterBug

I got an email notification from RunCam and purchased it on Pre-Order. I knew the Hype-Train would be running full steam on this one.

So I broke the Main PCB on the RunCam Split. Had a decent crash (not my worst by far!) and chipped the main processor. The standoffs that come with the Split are slightly longer than the ones I used. I imagine that if I had used the supplied standoffs the board wouldn't have flexed enough to chip the processor on my flight controller. Ordered a new one... I'll keep you posted if anything else happens.