RX TECH SUPPORT NEEDED

An0rakFPV

Hi there! I'm a young kid getting into the hobby and started out by scratch building a mini arrow. I am wiring up my servos now and when I move the right stick horizontally the elevons pitch, and when I move the right stick vertically they roll. IDK if there is a way to switch channels 1 and 2 through the transmitter or is I just wired it wrong. Please help!

PS I already tried switching the servo wires on the receiver, same problem.

PPS I have an FS-I6 radio and stock receiver

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
The i6 has a built in elevon mix....which mixes two channels to provide combined Elevator and Aileron functions.

You may have to switch the servo channels in the receiver and/or reverse one or both of the servo channels to get it to work correctly.

The i6 has a servo reverse configuration that can help with that.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hi there! I'm a young kid getting into the hobby and started out by scratch building a mini arrow. I am wiring up my servos now and when I move the right stick horizontally the elevons pitch, and when I move the right stick vertically they roll. IDK if there is a way to switch channels 1 and 2 through the transmitter or is I just wired it wrong. Please help!

PS I already tried switching the servo wires on the receiver, same problem.

PPS I have an FS-I6 radio and stock receiver
Try not to think of what they're doing together for now but what each is doing for each of the 4 points (pitch up/down & roll left/right). When you think of it this way you'll notice which surface(s) is(are) moving in the wrong direction.

For example, pull back on the stick. You said they roll, but really one elevon pitched up and the other pitched wrong. This should help you figure which channel needs to be reversed.

If you need more help, write back with what each surface does with pitch up/down & roll left/right.

An0rakFPV

Thank you so much Jim!!!

This totally made me look at this a different way and i fixed it! Just had my first maiden flight and it went great!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
This totally made me look at this a different way and i fixed it! Just had my first maiden flight and it went great!
Olé on your success! I'm truly happy for you and your flight.

You say young. How young? I'm 48 as of last Monday. I won't say that's old but there is much more shine where there used to be hair.

Will you be able to get a photo or video of your plane or flight?