Sad....to see David's website is being closed down.

WiredForStereo

I'm also sad. I just found out yesterday. Been out of the hobby for a bit. I have watched every single one of his build videos, they were always more entertaining and informational than anybody else, and I never even built one of his rigs!

Wedge

The home of the brilliant David Windestål tricopters is being shutdown :(
https://rcexplorer.se/
Caroline,

I am writing bc I see you’re an accomplished tricopter builder & pilot. In 2014 I bought everything required to build a nice sized Tri except controller. Now in 2019, I just need to know where to go to find a decent flight controller that will give me the functionality I seek. Any advice by you or others is very greatly appreciated.

My original plan for this TRI was & still is to film using FPV.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Caroline,

I am writing bc I see you’re an accomplished tricopter builder & pilot. In 2014 I bought everything required to build a nice sized Tri except controller. Now in 2019, I just need to know where to go to find a decent flight controller that will give me the functionality I seek. Any advice by you or others is very greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry to have to let you down but I was never overly successful with tricopters. I would suggest @PsyBorg can help you there!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Caroline,

Wedge,
The forums over at @David's site are still active. It's just the store that is shutting down at this point. I've been working with a handful of people to test the latest version on TriFlight. It's currently being re-based off BetaFlight 4.1. F3 flight controllers are on the way out so stick to F4 or F7. We don't have an officially supported list of Flight controllers at this point, but some of the ones that have been tested are the Matek F405-STD, F405-CTR, F722-STD, F405-mini, Omnibus F4 nano V3, and the Holybro Kakute f4 & F7 FCs.

Cheers!
LitterBug

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Wedge,
The forums over at @David's site are still active. It's just the store that is shutting down at this point. I've been working with a handful of people to test the latest version on TriFlight. It's currently being re-based off BetaFlight 4.1. F3 flight controllers are on the way out so stick to F4 or F7. We don't have an officially supported list of Flight controllers at this point, but some of the ones that have been tested are the Matek F405-STD, F405-CTR, F722-STD, F405-mini, Omnibus F4 nano V3, and the Holybro Kakute f4 & F7 FCs.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Sorry @LitterBug , I should have spoke of you too :)

Wedge

Wedge,

Cheers!
LitterBug

Thank you a whole lot, LitterBug!