Saito - FA 100

Hello there! I have just bought a second hand plane with an Saito-FA100 and have som newbie questions about it.
What is the pipe on the underside and shall i connect it to something?
I need a spinner, what size do fit for it?

Chuppster

Could you send us a picture of what you're referring to on the engine?

You can get any spinner you'd like, you just have to make sure you ream the backplate to fit the shaft on the motor.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hello there! I have just bought a second hand plane with an Saito-FA100 and have som newbie questions about it.
What is the pipe on the underside and shall i connect it to something?
I need a spinner, what size do fit for it?

From what I saw with a fast search the vent nipple on the back of the crankcase (I assume that is what you are asking about) feeds back to the fuel tank to bleed out all the oil sitting in the crank case to mix back in with remaining fuel Other wise it would build up and put back pressure inside the motor and eventually fill the entire motor as it runs.

If you are looking for just the bullet style spinner I saw a picture that said its 1.25 inch / 32 mm spinner. If you are looking for a cone type that is more dependent on what prop you use.

From what I saw with a fast search the vent nipple on the back of the crankcase (I assume that is what you are asking about) feeds back to the fuel tank to bleed out all the oil sitting in the crank case to mix back in with remaining fuel Other wise it would build up and put back pressure inside the motor and eventually fill the entire motor as it runs.

Thanks! thats was exactly what i eas vondering about. Im going to have it on a (You Can do 3D 60 plane)

If you are looking for just the bullet style spinner I saw a picture that said its 1.25 inch / 32 mm spinner. If you are looking for a cone type that is more dependent on what prop you use.

Bricks

Master member
Actually the nipple on the back of the crankcase gets drained out to below the plane. Do not run it to the tank as the tank is pressurized from exhaust and would cause your crankcase to fill with fuel causing hydrostatic lock..

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Actually the nipple on the back of the crankcase gets drained out to below the plane. Do not run it to the tank as the tank is pressurized from exhaust and would cause your crankcase to fill with fuel causing hydrostatic lock..

Hah.. I thought the venting into the lower part of the tank made sense as leak down from them motors is how they get lubricated. Never thought it would back feed. I guess that video is deceiving as that reinforced my thinking. Glad you caught this as I would feel bad if he lost his plane to my bad advice. I also couldn't leave a brother hangin as the thread went unanswered for a while.