SALE: Officially Retiring from RC Scratch-building:

BankNYank!

Mentor
It saddens me to see this post. RC flying is a very big part of my life. This hobby has brought me from a very dark place and has given me a purpose above the mundane. It has given me strength and a certain freedom that cannot be explained. A freedom from life's burdens and the ability to leave this earth and soar above it. This freedom may only last one battery at a time, but in that time the only thing that matters is the flight! The thought that a fellow RC pilot may lose that freedom is unthinkable.

From the looks of things it appears that you are taking a very aggressive step in removing yourself from the scratch build hobby. I do understand your situation in the fact that you have come to realize that you can no longer scratch build and I empathize with your situation. My only hope is that this decision is one that is not an emotional response but one that has been fully thought through. You say that you intend to keep your tricopter in hopes of once again flying it in the future. I see parts listed here that could be used in the event a replacement or repair is needed. And I don't know what props your using on your tri but those 11x4.7's look like they belong on a tri. :D

My best wishes and warmest regards wherever the sky's may take you.

Last edited:

John Michaels

Actually, i still have spare parts for the tricopter other than this stuff. This is all the extra stuff for smaller multicopters, foamies, etc. My tricopter actually takes 10x4.7 which i am keeping (11x4.7's don't work as well, wobbles on descent, vibrates more, etc.) ...
I should still be able to fly after the surgery (im hoping) but using what little pain free time i will have will not be for scratchbuilding, only flying. :)

BankNYank!

Mentor
I should still be able to fly after the surgery (im hoping) but using what little pain free time i will have will not be for scratchbuilding, only flying. :)

I am very glad to hear this and that sounds like an excellent compromise. Building is soothing but flying is always the best part!

Glad to hear your keeping spares for the tri! ;)